The Extra Mile – SimRig Mega Build Phase 1 – Part 3
We continue our follow-up of the the adventures of Alex from the Extra Mile YouTube channel. Avid sim racer Alex in is the process of adding a full-size real world dashboard to his existing racing rig.
In this part of the series, Alex shares an in-depth report of the progress on the SimRig Mega Build so far. In the second video Alex continues his docu by showing us the work done on the Shifter and Switches.
Alex already hinted that once Phase 1 of the cockpit build is finished, he will move over to phase 2. While he did not specifically mention it, it is clear that the Mega Build Sim Rig will receive some motion actuators. As usual, we will keep on following the progress of the build, once more videos are published.
Alex his standard racing rig:
- Intel Core i7 5930k @ 3.93GHz
- Asus X99 Sabertooth Mainboard
- 16,0 GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 3333 MHz
- Kingston Predator SSD
- Gigabyte nVidia GX1080 Extreme Gaming 8gb
- Soundblaster Z
- Oculus Rift CV1
- Windows 10 64-bit
- SimXperience Accuforce wheel
- Fanatec Clubsport pedals
- TSW H-Shifter
- Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake
- 4 Buttkickers in chassis mode
- SimXperience Sim Commander 4 Software