rFactor 2 – Build 198 Released
Image Space Incorporated released build 198 of the rFactor 2 Simulator/mod platform.
Downloads: First, please prioritize torrents.
Links are here – http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/
Available in two downloads types:
- Sampler – Installer including a few cars and tracks (does NOT include the rfcmp files, so if you remove them, they’re gone).
- Lite – same as you’ve had, core only.
Malaysia, Lime Rock, Corvette, Marussia, Clio. Still requires purchase of rF2.Mod mode:Is now a separate download for those who want it, this reduces the size of the Lite installer to a very nice size. See the dev corner for the link.
Not possible this build. Auto is active.
Auto update: Is active now.
Update 13 (Build 198) Changelog (March 28, 2013):
- Adjusted reflection parameter
- Re-enabled rain spray
- Tweaked rain spray algorithm so that light spray doesn’t last as long as the heavy spray
- Adjusted minimum water depth to create rain spray
- Narrow the rain spray slightly if the car is only partly over a wet track.
- Fix for misaligned sun in reflection map
- Fixed minor math problem in “Moving Rearview” algorithm that caused mirrors to reflect forwards if you moved your seat halfway towards them.
- Added a color space transform to HDR processing
- Now using a more accurate gamma conversion after HDR processing
- Small tire tool improvements
- Changed default Cut* GDB variables to match the ones at LRP.
- Found some problems with driver swap.
- Convert drive-thru’s to stop-go’s if there’s effectively no pitlane speed limit (like in historic mods).
- Added controls to increase/decrease FOV (find the mappings under the ‘SEAT’ tab, not the ‘CAMERA’ tab).
- New Controller.ini variable “Reset Steering Wheel Range Time” feature to fix the steering wheel range (to fix issue with Logitech wheels losing track randomly.)
- Doubled the default value for controller.ini variable “Off-road multiplier” to counteract reduced off-road terrain bumpiness values and also because tire parameters have been refined over time.
UI / HUD:
- Fixed bug where ATAC selection was not displayed upon entering mod picker page.
- Added some HUD variables to position tire/damage overlays separate from the background car map image
- Added in-between steps for custom HUD digital tachometers for better precision. Remaining backwards-compatible, the available settings changed from (SDID_RPM1, SDID_RPM2 … SDID_RPM23) to (SDID_RPM0H, SDID_RPM1, SDID_RPM1H … SDID_RPM23, SDID_RPM23H). Note that the RPM range used for these come from the cockpitinfo.ini value TachometerRange which is also used for analog tach’s.
- Added HUD values “RearFlapDetected” and “RearFlapActivated” in addition to the existing “RearFlapStatus” which appears to mean it is allowed but not currently activated.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
- Fixed a problem when using a full path in the plrfile Packages dir
- Fixed some bugs in ModMgr
- Added component filtering option to ModMgr in Options menu
- MAS2 now starts up from last location, also multimonitor mode startup is improved
- Fixed waypoint selection/deselection bug in dev mode
BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
- Fixed problem with g-force meter that caused it to pause briefly but repeatedly.
- Fixed crash when upgrades change number of possible values for a garage setting and that garage setting is using special values.
- Allowing ai driver’s “start skill” an upper limit of 150 from 100 to allow them to react to the starting gun as fast as a human can.
- Fixed AIs blowing up on grid in timed races
- Addressed one part of issue where sometimes a client gets delayed significantly when the server changes session
- Changed the default minimum voters from 2 to 1.
- Fixed tire wear multiplier for the player vehicle.
- Fix for broken default temp car
- Implemented a way to propagate multiple *.dds for loose skins in multiplayer games. The easiest way was to allow *.mas files containing all the loose dds files as player livery so only 1 file needs to be transferred. So if you have a loose skin with multiple DDS’s, put them all in a mas file (with the same base name as your base dds) in the loose skin directory and the game should correctly load them and transfer them in multiplayer games.
- Probably the thing that will get the most time from you in discussion is the wet weather effects being brought back. This is a first pass, still being tweaked, but in-cockpit should look quite realistic (and frightening). There is work to be done, we’re aware of that. My advice when driving in the heavy spray is to know the track you are racing on… When in the spray, pull towards the side of the
- spray and you should be able to see a little more there. You’ll find yourself driving by your visibility of the edge of the racing surface (the white line, primarily). No visor raindrops, etc yet.
Edit: The readme says a different number for the build. That was the number when we locked features for the build, 198 is where it got to fixing issues.
|Official Webpage – rfactor.net – Check out the official ISI forum @ http://isiforums.net|