Assetto Corsa Competizione – Release 3 Available
Kunos Simulazioni has deployed the third part of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulator Early Access version.
Early Access Release 3 brings us a set of new features such as the first batch of Online Multiplayer functionalities, an Endurance game mode, and a more complex pit-stop system. On the content side of things, Kunos Simulazioni added a laser-scanned version of the French Paul Ricard circuit (Le Castellet) and introduces the BMW M6 GT3. For more details, check out the full changelog below.
The current Assetto Corsa Competizione early access version (V0.3) is available via the Steam platform for €34,99. The next Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access update is scheduled for December 12, 2018.
For more details, check out the official ACC release chart.
BMW M6 GT3
The BMW M6 GT3 racing car was introduced in 2016 and is based on the road-going BMW M6 Coupé. The car competes in both the Sprint and Endurance Cup of the European Blancpain GT Series and proved its worthiness as the winner of the 2018 Edition of the prestigious Spa-Francorchamps 24H race.
The M6 GT3 is powered by a race modified 4.4-liter V8 engine with BMW Motorsport M TwinPower Turbo technology. The engine pumps out a respectable 585 hp to the rear wheels via a transaxle six-speed sequential racing transmission. That is slightly less than the road-going ‘Competition’ branded M6. However, only weighing in at 1,300 kilograms, and fitted with an aero package that is optimized in the BMW wind tunnel, the GT3 is the quickest of the brothers.
Circuit Paul Ricard
The Paul Ricard Circuit is a Motorsport race track built in 1969 at Le Castellet, near Marseille in France. It is regarded as one of the best testing circuits in the world. The track is famous for its 1.8km Mistral straight. The full track is around 3.610 miles (5.8 km) long. The shorter circuit is known as the GP short circuit and is 2.369 miles (3.8 km) long. The track offers 167 possible configurations from 826 to 5,861 meters. Its flexibility and mild winter weather mean that it is used for testing by several Motorsport teams, including Formula One teams.
One of the most recognizable features is its black and blue runoff areas that are known as the Blue Zone. The runoff surface consists of a mixture of asphalt and tungsten creating maximum friction when a car goes off-track. The deeper run-off areas are the Red Zone, with a more abrasive surface designed to maximize tire grip and hence minimize braking distance.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access v0.3 Changelog:
- New BMW M6 GT3
- New Circuit Paul Ricard
- Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
- Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
- New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
- Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
- Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
- Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
- Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
- Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
- Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
- Brake ducts preparation on the setup screen. Not yet available
- Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
- Fixed values on the setup screen
- Improved transmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
- Improved start assist
- Improved TC logic
- TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
- Improved pitlane limiter function.
- Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear disengages if 2nd gear selected.
- Ram-Air simulation for normally aspirated engines.
- Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
- Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
- Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
- Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
- Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
- Fixed gamepad dead zone forced in UE4
- Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
- Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
- Pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100 removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
- Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights, and car dirt status
- New audio device selector in audio options
- Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
- Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
- Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
- Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
- Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
- Events polyphony optimization
- Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
- Minor audio fixes
- Performance optimizations in the game thread
- Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
- Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
- Fixed drivers without a helmet in VR
About the multiplayer, online functionalities are in a first deployment state, this means that although the network development is regularly proceeding, the development team will use this Early Access mass test window to enforce the feedback on the Online Systems supporting AC Competizione’s netcode and will gradually introduce all the features that will need testing.
Therefore, this build will introduce a very basic multiplayer mode that will allow gamers to join practice sessions on the 3 circuits currently available: Nurburgring GP, Misano World Circuit, and Circuit Paul Ricard, but of course you can expect further updates in following months. Full functionalities of the Multiplayer mode will be implemented in the final version of Assetto Corsa Competizione (1.0) – which will debut in Q1 2019 – when the team will have made all their best efforts to make ACC a reference for the four wheels e-sport environment.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is the Officially licensed Racing Simulator of the Blancpain GT Series by SRO. The game features the official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits of the worlds premier GT3 championship.
The ACC racing simulator is featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience high-speed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantees a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops, and driver changes.
In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.
Official Webpages – www.assettocorsa.net/competizione