Assetto Corsa – Early Access Update 0.7.5 released
Kunos Simulazioni released Early Access Beta Update 0.7.5 of Assetto Corsa. The main attraction in this update is the the new 2013 Pagani Huayra .The Pagani Huayra named after Aymara Huayra Tata, god of wind is an Italian Supercar designed and manufactured by Pagani Automobili. This mid engined follow up to the Pagani Zonda is powered by a 6.0-litre twin-turbo Mercedes-AMG V12 powerhouse and produces 720 horses that are delivered to the wheels using a seven-speed sequential gearbox.
The Assetto Corsa development team modeled and reproduced this italian supercar in cooperation with the R&D department of Pagani Automobili. As the Kunos team already stated, they have put a lot of effort in the active aero system. This system incorporates seven aerodynamic devices, and four of them are movable, controlled by sixteen telemetry channels. The use of real world data did not stop there. Pagani Pagani Automobili supplied suspension data taken from the official Pagani IGES data. (Computer Aided Design data format)
As usual the update also includes fixes, improvements and optimizations to both the UI and game engine. The development team is still hard at work on the AI performance. In this update they mainly worked on the driving lines and optimized the AI collisions.
Kunos Simulazioni also explained that the development team had a meeting with Aaron Davies, Head of Developer Relations at Oculus VR, Kunos Simulazioni will be working closely with the Oculus staff to improve the compatibility and performance of Assetto Corsa when using the Oculus Rift VR set.
Last but not least, Kunos Simulazioni where proud to announce that they won the ” Best game design” award at the the Italian videogame developer and publisher association’s Drago D’oro 2014. ( Italian Game industry awards )
Changelog Early Access 0.7.5
- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engage until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI.
- Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide,
- limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in
- Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\backups)
The Assetto Corsa Early Access Beta can be purchased for 34,95€ on Steam – http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210
|Official Webpage – http://www.assettocorsa.net|