Assetto Corsa – DRM Revival Mod Available Now
It took them blood, sweat, and tears, but the 4-member DRM Modding Team has pulled it off. After 3 years of hard work, the highly anticipated DRM Revival Mod for Assetto Corsa is now available.
The DRM modding team is a very talented and dedicated group of hardcore group 5 fans who set out to create a quality virtual version of the awesome Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft Gruppe 5 Touring car and Sportscar racing series from the late 70’s and early 80’s. The first DRM mod originated on the ISI rFactor platform and was an instant success. When rFactor 2 was announced, plans were made to bring the mod to the updated ISI platform. However, due to circumstances, we won’t go into now, the DRM Modding Team decided to abandon the rFactor 2 project.
In January 2015, The DRM Modding Team proudly announced that they had decided to bring their DRM Revival Mod to the massively popular Assetto Corsa Racing Simulator. Soon after, it became apparent that a simple conversion of the mod would not do the platform or the mod any justice. That’s when the DRM Modding Team decided to rebuild the entire mod and implement all of the visual features of the Assetto Corsa racing simulator. It is safe to say that from that day on, the DRM Revival Mod became one of the most wanted mods for the Kunos Simulazioni platform.
The 10 iconic car moddels of the DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa are available as a patware mod package for a very modest €15. So lets support the people behind this awesome project.
DRM Revival Mod Features
- 17 different cars (10 car models in a total of 17 configurations)
- Nearly all cars come up with individual physics and sounds
- Featuring fully detailed car models
- Each car has 4 LOD levels for a perfect performance at online races
- Visible damage with wobbling parts and scratches ( see pictures below )
- Mechanical damage: Kill the engine with over revs on downshifts or driving too long with too much boost!
- A visible transition from a clean to a dirty car ( see pictures below )
- Animated parts like the shifter, exhaust, engine parts, mirror, wipers and more
- Adjustable turbo boost during all race sessions
- Different pit stop times for changing the tires, suspension and car body repair and the refuel time
- Implementation of cold and hot brakes and tires
The real cost of the mod
- more than 600.000 of testing kilometers
- 82 GB telemetry data
- 32GB video and sound material
- defects: 4 Graphics cards, 3 steering wheels, 3 hard drives, 1 Notebook, 1 Motherboard, 2 Pedals, 2 Screens, 3 destroyed headsets
- ca. 60 blocks of cigarettes
- ca. 1600 liters of beer
- 1 divorce
- Around about 5.000 hours of development between 2007-2018. (including rf1)
- 4 times to say “stop modding immediately!” but continued again and again 🙂
The DRM Modding Team has also supplied a full-blown mod manual which tells you a little more about the origin of the DRM Revival Mod and guides you through the install and settings of the mod.
Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft – Gruppe 5
The DRM Revival Mod will recreate the fast and spectacular DRM Cars that were raced from 1972 to 1985. The DRM Group 5 series was divided into 2 groups. Division 1 was made up by iconic cars as the Porsche 935 Turbo, Lancia Beta Monte Carlo Turbo and the Zakspeed Turbo Ford Capri’s with engines ranging from 2000 cm ³ up to 4000 cm ³ and Division 2 cars with less than 2000 cm ³ like the Zakspeed Ford Escort, BMW 320i.
Many of the drivers have become household names in the international racing scene. Hans Heyer, Rolf Stommelen, Klaus Ludwig, Manfred Winkelhock, Hans-Joachim Stuck, Harald Ertl and Toine Hezemans, to name a few.
For those who are not familiar with this awesome modding project, check out some more DRM Revival Mod posts on Bsimracing
Official Webpage – www.drm-modding-team.com