Assetto Corsa Free Camera Mode Tutorial
Many of the sim racing community members like to get creative now and then. This has led to a staggering amount of beautiful in-game screenshots and cinematic gameplay videos floating around the web.
While most in-game screenshots and videos are created with out of the box game settings, there are some interesting tweaks that can be implemented to unlock some more advanced features when creating your next piece of sim racing art.
Community member Spitsy noticed that a lot of community members are not aware of the Assetto Corsa Free Camera function that can be enabled by tweaking the assetto_corsa.ini file. He decided to make this small Tutorial video explaining how to enable the goodies.
- Go to your Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg folder
- Open the assetto_corsa.ini file and find the line that states ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0
- Change the 0 to a 1 so that it reads ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1
- Find the line that says ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=0
- Change the 0 to a 1 so that it reads ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1
- Save the file.
From now on the F7 key will activate the free camera mode. The right mouse button will enable you to look around while the cursor keys will enable you to move around to any position on the track.
Because you now also enabled the Dev Apps, you can check out the Apps on the right edge of screen where you will find a bunch of new apps, such as the Photo mode and Onboard settings.
|Official Webpage – www.assettocorsa.net|