Assetto Corsa – Introducing the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR
The Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 3 DLC contained an awesome set of Porsche models. However, the announced and most awaited 2017 Porsche 911 RSR model did not make it to the pack’s December 2016 release date. As promised, last week Kunos Simulazioni released the RSR as a FREE upgrade for all Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC owners.
The 911 RSR and its updated tyre model were extremely well received by the Assetto Corsa community. Many sim racers reported the RSR to be a very enjoyable car. An easy car to get around the track, but a tricky drive when pushed to its limits. This is usually a very good recipe for some good old driving fun.
For those who did not yet check out the latest addition to the AC Porsche line-up, Kunos Simulazioni now posted the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR introduction video which shows you some cinematic in-game footage of this awesome Assetto Corsa car model.
The PC version of the Porsche Pack V3 DLC for Assetto Corsa is available at the dedicated Steam page for 6,99€.
2017 Porsche 911 RSR
The new 2017 Porsche 911 RSR is most likely the biggest evolution in the history of Porsche’s top GT model. While retaining the typical 911 design, most of the technical elements have been re-developed from scratch and are fully compliant with the new LM-GTE/ACO class rules.
Unlike its rear-engined predecessors, the 2017 RSR features a new lightweight 503bhp 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine that is located in front of its back axle. This design will improve the RSR’s overall weight balance and enables the fitment of a large rear diffuser which in its turn will result in more downforce and stability. Furthermore, the RSR also received a newly designed suspension, six-speed paddle-shifted gearbox, and enhanced aerodynamic features.
The new Porsche 911 RSR will compete in the American IMSA Weathertech Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) including the 2017 edition of 24 Hours of Le Mans where it will take on the fight with the also mid-engined twin-turbo V8 Ferrari 488 and twin-turbo V6 Ford GT.
- Single-seater race car for the LM-GTE category
- Weight: ca. 1,243 kg (base weight per regulations)
- Length: 4,557 mm (without splitter, rear wing, diffuser)
- Width: 2,042 mm (front axle) / 2,048 mm (rear axle)
- Wheelbase: 2,516 mm
- Water-cooled six cylinder boxer, positioned in front of the rear axle; 4,000 cm3, stroke 81.5 mm, bore 102 mm; ca. 375 kW (510 hp) depending on restrictor; four-valve technology; direct fuel injection; dry sump lubrication; single mass flywheel; power output limitation via restrictor; electronic throttle.
- Six-speed sequential constant-mesh gearbox; two-shaft longitudinal layout with bevel gear; shifting via electronic shift actuator; shift paddles on the steering wheel; magnesium gearbox casing; multi-disc self-locking differential with Visco unit; three disc carbon race clutch.
- Weight-optimized chassis in combined aluminium steel design; removable roof hatch for cockpit access; lifting bushes integrated in the roof; FT3 fuel cell in front of the car; welded-in roll cage; seat pursuant to FIA 8862-2009; rigidly mounted to the chassis; six-point safety harness for use with HANS; longitudinally adjustable pedalry; bodywork made of CFRP, quick-change; rear wing with “swan neck” mounts; four-post air jack system with safety pressure valve; electronically activated fire extinguisher system; heated windscreen.
- Front axle: double wishbone front axle; four-way vibration damper; twin coil spring setup (main and helper spring); anti-roll bars, adjustable by blade positions; electro-hydraulic power steering
- Rear axle: integrated rear axle sub-frame with double wishbone axle; four-way vibration damper; twin coil spring setup (main and helper spring); anti-roll bars, adjustable by blade positions; electro-hydraulic power steering; tripod drive shafts.
- Two independent brake circuits for front and rear axle, adjustable via balance bar.
- Front axle: One piece aluminum six-piston racing calipers with quick-coupling; internally ventilated steel brake discs, 390 mm diameter; race brake pads; optimized brake cooling ducts.
- Rear axle: One piece aluminum four-piston racing calipers with quick-coupling; internally ventilated steel brake discs, 355 mm diameter; race brake pads; optimized brake cooling ducts.
- Front axle: One piece forged light alloy wheels, 12.5Jx18 offset 25 with center lock nut; Michelin slick 30/68-18.
- Rear axle: One piece forged light alloy wheels, 13Jx18 offset 37 with center lock nut; Michelin slick 31/71-18.
- Cosworth Central Logger Unit; CFRP multi-functional steering wheel with integrated display; shift paddles and quick release; Collision Avoidance System; controlled alternator in connection with LiFePo4 battery; LED headlights; LED taillights plus rain light; illuminated car number and leader light system; black light inside cockpit; electric adjustable wing mirrors with memory function; tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS); drink system; air conditioning system; membrane switch panel on center console with fluorescent labeling.
Official Webpage – www.assettocorsa.net