Reiza Studios has deployed a new release candidate build of Automobilista 2.
AMS2 users can now select the latest release candidate, currently V188.8.131.52 build 2299 – to access this build, right-click Automobilista 2 on your Steam Library, go into Properties -> Beta tab, and select the “ReleaseCandidate” branch for the dropdown menu.
The update is also adding some interesting new content to the simulator, in the form of the Circuito de Barcelona-Catalunya (DLC, free for all during the Release Candidate stage), the Formula USA 2023 (road, short oval & speedway variants), and the Formula Junior.
For all the details check out the full changelog below.
Automobilista 2 is currently available via Steam for €36,99. The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is available for €114,28.
Official Webpage – www.game-automobilista2.com
Reiza Studios Quote:
V1.5 PHYSICS REVISIONS
As per the latest dev update, V1.4.8 includes extensive physics revisions to an initial batch of car classes, revisions which are expected to be completed for all cars in the game by the update that follows this one 4 – 5 weeks from now (v1.5.0).
IMPORTANT: all revised cars MUST have the setup reset – users can do so either by resetting each model individually from their setup menu or for all cars by deleting your local Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\vehiclesetups folder (please note however this would also delete your existing setups from currently unrevised cars that don´t require the reset yet).
The AI dry performance is supposed to be well calibrated to the player performance for all classes already revised – if you still notice any discrepancies please report the car/track combo along with eventual specific details. Wet weather is still not fully calibrated, with some classes still needing further adjustments both to player tire as well as wet calibration – this we expect to cover in time for official release.
CLASSES WITH COMPLETE V1.5 PHYSICS REVISIONS:
- Formula Retro Gen1 (all models)
- Formula Retro Gen2 (all models)
- Formula Retro Gen3 (all models)
- Formula Classic Gen1 (all models)
- Formula Classic Gen2 (all models)
- Formula Classic Gen3 (all models)
- Formula Classic Gen4 (all models)
- Formula Inter
- Formula USA 2023
- Formula Ultimate Gen2
- Formula Junior
- P1 (all models)
CLASSES WITH PARTIAL WIP V1.5 PHYSICS REVISIONS (SHOULD BE IGNORED UNTIL COMPLETE):
- Formula USA Gen1 (all models)
- Formula USA Gen2 (all models)
- Formula USA Gen3 (all models)
CLASSES WITH PHYSICS UNCHANGED FROM V184.108.40.206:
- Everything else.
Please note that even classes already completely revised will remain subject to further minor adjustments all the way to the v1.5 release.
V220.127.116.11 -> V18.104.22.168 Changelog
- Added Circuito de Barcelona-Catalunya (DLC, free for all during the Release Candidate stage)
- Added Formula USA 2023 (road, short oval & speedway variants)
- Added Formula Junior
- Added Race Weekend option to set pre-race sessions as private sessions (with this setting enabled participants run on an empty track with no interaction from other vehicles)
- Added option to set a minimum number of changed tyres required for a mandatory stop to count as valid in SP/MP/Champ. Not all stops require the changes but at least one stop in the window must meet the requirements to avoid disqualification; AI will now take advantage of changing less tyres in mandatory stops if other factors don’t compel them to change more
- Pit Strategy: Removed ‘Recommended’ tire change strategy. (starting fresh for beta is advised, forced reset is likely to follow before the main release); When saving a strategy if only fronts or only rears option would be valid for the compounds selected this is automatically applied for the user; Time estimation for changes will now reflect the actual compounds selected regardless of front/rear/all setting
- Updated Trueforce support, increased rate, and cleaner TF audio effects. Uses native TF lockstop
- Initial fuel levels in Multiplayer qualifying will now be the same as the player had set in the previous session, instead of forcing an auto fuel level
UI & HUD
- Fixed keyboard/controller navigation and incorrect button mapping on the vehicle class selection page. ([A]/Enter now toggle classes, [X]/H clears all)
- Fixed incorrect DLC marker on all vehicles selection list
- Fully revised physics for F-Retros (all gens), F-Classics (all gens), F-Ultimate Gen2, and P1 classes
- Updated tire tread for F-Inter
- Fixed a case where the AI would slowly rear-end other AI on corner entry making it spin, that was happening on some track/car combos
- Minor improvements to AI aggression code
- AI behavior adjustments: Increased the rate the AI pulls aside to overtake; Increased amount of AI throttle lifting over water puddles; Increased max distance from which AI overtaking routine kicks in; Increased threshold controlling when AI cars give up on overtaking into corners (both inside and outside)
- Fixed an issue where the AI would make an abrupt movement to the pitlane line after requesting a pitstop
- McLaren MP4/6: Adjusted rev limiter sound
- Nurburgring 1971: Added more period-correct advertisement boards; Object LOD adjustments; Minor performance fine-tuning; Some fixes for TV cams; Added VR cams for all layouts; Fixed LOD pop of billboard signs at Nordkehre
- Indianapolis Speedway: Move pit lane entrance approximately 40m further down the pit wall as seen in the 2023 event
- Azure Circuit: Improved track cut limits at Nouvelle and Piscine
- User Livery Overrides: Completed support for all vehicles & corrected some remaining issues
- Added tire compound sidewall colors to F-Reiza, F-Ultimate Gen1
- Formula Classic G4M3: Fixed T-Cam position
- Mclaren MP4/4: Added missing low downforce variant