Reiza Studios has deployed a new substantial update for Automobilista 2.
The AMS 2 development team has been working flat out through the Holiday season, resulting in the biggest AMS2 update to date. Build V188.8.131.52 includes improvements and fixes for almost every part of the game.
On the content side of things, the new update introduces the GT1 Series featuring the iconic Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, and Mclaren F1 GTR Long Tail. Fans of road-legal supercars, will be thrilled to see that the Mclaren F1 LM is added to the Street Cars series.
Furthermore, the update adds the Spa Francorchamps 2020 version as Part of the Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack. Last but not least, the Ibarra track now features a Reversed layout.
Important: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, strongly recommending all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).
The Livery System Override is now fully implemented with this update. To get your hands on the templates of all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own, please check this topic The thread will be updated with new templates over time.
Check out the full changelog for more details.
Automobilista 2 is currently available via Steam for €18,49. The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is available for €81,43.
Official Webpage – www.game-automobilista2.com
- Added GT1 Series (featuring Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR LT)
- Added Mclaren F1 LM to Street Cars series
- Added Spa Francorchamps 2020 *Part of Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack
- Added Ibarra Reverse layout
- Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
- Random weather condition is now preserved if the session is reset
- Disabled “Real Weather” option (until system implementation is complete)
- Added option to customize FFB gain per car
- Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
- Adjusted default cockpit camera settings
- Increased cockpit seat position storing from 20 to 100 vehicles.
- Added live edit messages for vertical and longitudinal cockpit seat position
- Added F-Ultimate & F-Reiza championship seasons
UI & HUD
- Added new main menu panel arts & backgrounds
- Updated track loading screens & increased resolution to 4k
- Added loading bar gradient & fixed position on ultrawide resolutions
- Fixed monitor controls and back button positions on ultrawide resolutions
- Update Control Assignments screens to include per vehicle FFB gain increase/decrease
- VSync is now always enabled in Main Menu
- Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
- Added additional states to DRS HUD informing detection zone & availability
- Vehicle default sorting reverted to alphabetical order
- Corrected various vehicle naming inconsistencies
- Fixed Velopark incorrect track grades
- Revised tyre physics for streetcars, F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer Cup, Puma P052, M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 1986
- Revised rain tyres for GT3, GT4, P1, P2, P3, P4, F-Retro, Procar, Group A, Opala 1986 Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer cup, Puma P052
- Revised Ultima GTR, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate & F-Reiza aerodynamics
- Adjusted logic for pre-race tire & brake pre-warming & tire pressure conditions (slightly under peak conditions for more realism & avoid unnatural tire inflation)
- Reduced default number of clutches for several cars & a further reduced rate of differential locking per clutch
- Further revised F-Retros, F-Ultimate & Ginetta G58 suspension rates
- Further adjusted exhaust parameters for all cars (results in more accurate visual & audible backfiring/spluttering)
- Reduced max height to account before front wing/splitter stall in several cars
- GT3 Series: Added 15kg to Mclaren 720S, subtracted 10kg from Mercedes AMG GT3, added 10 HP to Porsche GT3-R for improved BoP
- Further revisions of FFB max force to iron out potential peak force inconsistencies
- Small adjustments to the center of gravity height in Opalas, F-Retros, F-Ultimate
- Reduced Ginetta G55 engine inertia
- Further reduced differential preload baseline settings
- Disabled viscous differential in streetcars
- Adjusted default roll bars, ride height & differential settings for F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & 2
- Adjusted default Differential settings for F-Retro, Stock Car 2020
- Adjusted F-Ultimate ERS to not kick in until 75% of the throttle is applied
- Added preliminary new logic to improve AI overtaking lapped cars
- Added new tolerance parameter for AI to not concede the position to the player until a given amount of the car length is alongside (prevents an issue with AI cars appearing to be “scared” out of the way when approached from behind by player)
- Slightly raised AI CoG height multiplier & adjusted AI damper rates to avoid cars bouncing at hard compression
- AI calibration pass for all cars that received tyre physics and/or aero updates
- Reduced range of lateral movement away from ideal line & rate of movement when taking urgent action
- Created new AI paths for Nurburgring Nordschleife & 24h layouts (improved & more consistent performance)
- Updated Sprint Race sounds
- Adjusted tranny volume for GT3 cars to more balanced levels & more torque dependent; adjusted volume balancing; the optimized number of samples used to minimize potential performance issues
- Removed wavelength in artificial road noise (slightly reduces car/camera vertical movement oscillations)
- Temporarily removed animated Helicopters & planes until remaining functionality issues are addressed
- Revised road mesh & reduced noise (high-frequency bumps) for Curitiba, Kansai & Taruma
- Updated Bathurst trackside camera
- Velopark: Minor performance & art pass; updated AI with improved performance updated Nurburgring 24h layout trackside cameras to reduce shimmering/trembling & added VR cams
- Added BMW M6 GT3 dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts + new colliders + detached diffuser
- Gol Copa Classic: Fixed LOD errors at a longer distance
- Mini Cooper UK: Fixed LODding issues with windows
- Lancer Cup (R/RS): Added Dirt/Damage + detached bumpers (LODA/B/C) + dirt texture for wings (RS) + modeled inner panels (LODA/B/C) + new collision + dangling damaged partsdriver animations + Detached Gear Shifter
- Fixed Mini cooper 1965 damage on lower LODs + Detached gear shifter (cpit) + detached bumpers on LOD C
- Lotus 23: Fixed LOD D missing, added damage models on lod B/C, detached dangling parts on LodC, closed panel gaps on LOD A and Cockpit, removed unnecessary damage models for tyres
- MCR S2000: Added dirt/scratch textures
- Added missing tail light for Sprint Race, Stock Car Cruze 2019 & Ultima GTR
- Fixed LOD errors in cars with DRS wings which could make rear wings appear to flick open at certain distances