Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1 Released
Reiza Studios has released a new build for the Early Access version of their Automobilista 2 racing simulator. Besides a good list of fixes, update V0.9.5.1 mainly focuses on AI improvements and physics adjustments.
For more details, check out the full changelog below.
The Automobilista 2 Early Access version is now available via Steam for €36,99. The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is available for €89,99.
Another week of intense housekeeping as we approach v1.0 release – once again a lot of the focus has been on physics / FFB, with a lot of fine-tuning resulting in another good step forward all around, as the handling for most cars now become representative of our v1.0 target. From now on most of the physics work will concentrate on reviewing fuel consumption, tyre & engine wear, temps & reliability properties.
On the AI side we haven´t yet concluded implementing the new AI Strength logic, so for those struggling with AI speed in lower settings we ask for a little more patience until we finalize this development to provide more consistent performance across the AI Strength range. In the meantime setting around 90-110%, AI Strength and 50% Aggression has been quite thoroughly calibrated and should provide the best racing.
3D Animations for wipers, suspension, drivers & other moveable car parts are finally beginning to come in, although only one minor item added in this update (animated suspension arms for F-Trainer from external view) – all the remaining exports should flow very quickly from here.
Last but not least, the Dedi tool is now available from the Tools Library on Steam – please check further information about the tool, how to set it up and run it as well as post feedback/reports about it here.
For those wondering about upcoming content, please hold for more information in our May Development update coming up tomorrow.
- Fixed spectator leaderboard position text always being forced to the wrong color.
- Applied HUD style leaderboard to Replay/Monitor Screens
- Fixed disabled ‘View Replay’ button displaying instead of ‘Save Replay’ button in MP session results screen
- Fixed Time Trial Pause Menu leaderboard not displaying correctly
- Added identification for dedicated servers in the browser list
- Multiplayer sessions now default to cockpit view in race session countdown (to avoid bug leading to players being stuck in TV cam)
- Fixed Monitor camera switcher not working after changing cars
- Steering rack damping no longer passes through Low Force Boost setting (more consistent damping)
- Fixed error in parking force script
- Adjusted locktstop strength
- Fixed issue with recently added FFB filter occasionally behaving unpredictably
- Fine-tuned all car-specific max force & smoothing levels to suit latest FFB system revisions, bug fixes as well as latest tyre physics developments
- Revised tyre tread physics for Opalas, F-Vee, F-V12, F-V10, Caterhams, ARC Camaro, Super V8
- Slight adjustments to all wet tyre compounds
- Increased carcass load stiffness for incremental tyre pressure adjustments in F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, Caterhams, ARC Camaro, Super V8
- Fixed bug causing downshift protection system not to work properly
- Adjusted shift tolerances for semiauto boxes (to avoid neutral – 1st gear not engaging in high revs)
- Enabled anti-stall for cars with modern semi-automatic boxes & karts with torque converters / centrifugal clutches
- Revised engine inertia for V8, V6 engines
- Reduced default steering lock for light formula cars, prototypes & Super V8
- AJR: Revised rear wing aero efficiency
- MCR 2000: Revised rear wing aero efficiency
- F-Ultimate: revised front suspension damper rates, diffuser yaw sensitivity
- Stiffer default front ARB for P1 prototypes, F-Vee, F-Reiza
- F-Vee: fixed front left rebound damper range
- Hotcars: Increased engine output slightly; Adjusted track width, height offset, default roll bar setting
- F-Reiza: Adjusted diffuser center of pressure, default caster setting
- F-Classic Gen1&2: revised aero balance
- Superkart: Adjusted default tyre pressure & ride height
- Ultima GTR Road: Adjusted default differential settings, front ARB, CoG height & tyre load stiffness
- Fixed bug causing downshift protection system to not work properly in sequential cars that should feature it
- Adjusted Ultima GTR Street default differential, front ARB, CoG height & tyre load stiffness
- Adjusted MIT Lancer roll bar stiffness
- Further calibration of AI performance & rolling resistance for all cars
- Improved AI pitlane maneuverability
- Reduced Aggression scalar & brake performance for classic cars, club cars, GT & prototypes
- Fixed AI tendency to oscillate steering erratically running down longer straights
- Fixed Roco P3 excessive AI straight speed
- Reduced thresholds for AI to attempt overtaking in improbable circumstances
- Further reduced AI aggression scalars & brake power
- Further reduced AI overtaking boost under braking
- F-V10: Adjusted Traction Control sounds
- Sigma P1: revised engine sounds, engine/turbo/blowoff volume balanced
- Updated Livetrack racing groove shader to become more visible as track rubbers up
- Further revisions to visual brake glow ranges
- F-Reiza: Revised liveries & added different carbon materials, stickers and logos, t-cam color, spec map for all cars
- F-Trainer: Added suspension animation (external)
- F-Trainer: New liveries/updates/redesign 01# #02 #03 #04 #05 #06 #07 #08 #09 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #25 #26 #33
Official Webpage – www.reizastudios.com