Base Performance Simulators, situated in Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK, and owned by the famous British racing driver, Darren Turner is a company providing state-of-the-art simulator packages tailored to the needs of sim and real racing drivers.
Back in 2022, the company introduced a series of Brabham Motorsport themed simulator chassis that were specially commissioned. The result was a cockpit built out of a rigid, powder-coated steel frame, a two-pedal box with electric Forward/Back adjustment, and a bespoke BPS carbon fiber race seat. The Brabham Base Performance Simulators were available for a whopping £24,990.00 / €29.929.00 including VAT + Shipping.
Apart from the limited number of commissioned Brabham simulators, Base Performance Simulators also retail a standard version of the aforementioned racing rig, named Blade, originally produced during the lockdown in 2020.
The BPS Blade is basically a non-themed version of the same chassis, in a solid color. The main difference is its price. While still very expensive for a static chassis of this type, it comes at a somewhat lower price.
The blade simulator runs on Assetto Corsa software and comes with all the car and track models used in the full-size single-seater and GT simulators at BPS’ headquarters in Oxfordshire.
With the optional Assetto Corsa PRO software, the car models are updated in-house with real data and validated by professional drivers to ensure accuracy and realism, while the track models are regularly updated to keep up with any changes to the tracks.
Technical Specifications: (as currently advertised)
- Specially-commissioned, rigid, powder-coated steel frame and fully carbon fiber, adjustable seat.
- BPS carbon fibre, two-pedal, pedal box with electric adjustment
- Simucube 2 PRO steering motor
- Precision SIM GPX steering wheel
- BPS carbon fiber seat
- Samsung 49″ dual QHD curved gaming monitor, the equivalent of dual 27-inch QHD displays side-by-side.
- High-specification gaming computer
- Sennheiser PC373D 7.1 headset
The Base Performance Simulators Blade cockpit is advertised for £18,958.00 ex VAT + shipping. Installation and Delivery – UK only. 12 Months Warranty and telephone support.
- Assetto Corsa PRO software with updated BPS track and car models. – £2,575 ex VAT
- D-Box Gen 3 4250i Four Point Actuator Kit – £9,999 ex VAT
- Extended Two-Year Warranty – £955.00 ex VAT
- Triple Screen 32″ Gaming Monitors with Stand – £955.00 ex VAT
- VBOX Sim ack with Capture Card – £900.00 ex VAT
- Manual Clutch with Three-Foot Pedal Box System – £800.00 ex VAT
Official Webpages – www.baseperformance.net