D-BOX 4400i Motion Simulator Review By Sim Racing Garage
When two days ago, review guru Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviewed the To Be Faster JCL V2 Cockpit, it was clear that he was holding back some interesting news. Barry is a long-time SimXperience Stage 4 Motion simulator user. It was hard to imagine that he would trade in this high-end full motion rig for a nice but static JCL V2 Cockpit.
Today, Barry revealed the purpose of his new static rig purchase. The Sim Racing Garage is trading in the seat-moving SimXperience rig for a 4-actuator D-Box motion kit. D-BOX Technologies Inc. designs manufacture and commercializes cutting-edge motion systems intended for the entertainment and industrial markets. That sounds promising, but will it be better or worse? Let’s find out.
The D-Box motion system is available as a set of 2,3 or 4 high-performance actuators from D-BOX technology Actuators dedicated to Entertainment industry, Automobile industry, motorcycles, Simulation industry and many others. The price is a little mystery as different sources online list the product with hugely different price settings.
The D-Box actuators can be mounted to all kind of cockpits, seats or chassis. Very precise coding on each actuator gives a perfect synchronization between movements, sound, and visuals. The actuators are compatible with a large list of movies and games and even custom integration in professional software tools are an option.
- Maximum vertical lift : 37 mm
- Maximum vertical speed : 100 mm/sec
- Fréquency range : 0 to 100 Hz
- Final drive mechanism : electrical
- Maximum guaranteed charge (by actuator) : 114 kg / 250 lb (182kg/400 lb for the 4400i model)
- Actuator orientation : vertical
- Actuator dimensions (H x L x P) : 29,2 cm x 6,4 cm x 6,4 cm / 11,5 pouces x 2,5 pouces x 2,5 pouces
- Power requirement : 220V CE standards
Official Webpage – www.d-box.com