Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC Review by SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage presents his Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC review. Barry puts the pedals through the SRG review process to find out if they can make your driving time more productive.
The CSL Elite Series of products is aimed at the midrange market. Fanatec applied the technology of the ClubSport series and concentrated purely on performance and durability rather than fancy materials or a perfect finish. This should, in theory, deliver you the same functionality but at a lower price.
The full-metal Aluminium CSL Elite Pedal set is available as a standard two pedal unit, or can be purchased with an additional Brake pedal that is fitted with a load cell. The proprietary load cell is integrated directly into to the pedal arm and measures the pressure on the pedal arm itself.
Each pedal (throttle, brake, and clutch) are horizontally adjustable and can even be separately mounted onto a customized cockpit base. The new electronics feature potentiometer sensors with a metal gear on the throttle and clutch pedal arms featuring a 12bit resolution. The load cell brake comes features an ultra-precise 16bit resolution.
The CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell set is available for 219.90€ Incl. 19% VAT. ( 199.95$ US)
CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit:
- Extends CSL Elite Pedals for a loadcell brake and uses the former brake unit as a clutch pedal
- The whole pedal arm is a load cell sensor
- Pedal pressure up to 90 kg
- The pedal unit made from Aluminum
- Adjustable brake force by PC driver software or Wheel Base tuning menu
- Adjustable brake resistance and travel by exchangeable Elastomer springs. No tools needed.
- Detachable rubber pedal covers offer good grip and softer pedal surface
- Applicable anti-skid-pads (3) for the pedal surface offer a perfect grip for racing shoes
- USB connection to PC
- Direct connection to Fanatec Wheel Bases and Wheels
- Dedicated port for ClubSport Handbrake
Fanatec shop links:
Official Webpage – www.thrustmaster.com