Fanatec has introduced the new and improved CSL Universal Hub V2 supporting a wide variety of wheel rims, combining many of the advanced features of the ClubSport Universal Hub at a lower price.
The CSL Hub V2 is highly adjustable, featuring an innovative slider mechanism allowing precise positioning of the button islands and shifter paddles to suit different wheel sizes.
The hub has threaded holes for wheel rims with a 3 x 50 mm or 6 x 70 mm pattern, meaning that all current Fanatec wheel rims can be attached to the CSL Universal Hub V2. The hub is also compatible with many third-party wheel rims from brands such as MOMO, Sparco, or OMP.
The integrated button islands, display, and shifters work neatly with many wheel rim combinations. The V2 has additional metal bracing to improve rigidity up to 23%, and the shifter paddle design has been revised. Alongside eight standard buttons with snap-dome activation, the integrated button islands also feature a 2-way rocker switch, two 2-way toggle switches, and a 7-way FunkySwitch™ with rotary encoder functionality.
The integrated Paddle Shifters are reinforced with a honeycomb structure, and shaped to fit most wheel rims. They have a revised shape for improved comfort, and a new spring mechanism. The width of the paddle positions is adjusted together with the button islands as part of the slider system.
You can access the FANATEC Tuning Menu at the press of a button. Adjust your wheelbase force feedback and other hardware settings while you drive. The 7-way FunkySwitch is a multi-purpose input device, with d-pad, push-button, and rotary encoder. Press the Tuning Button to bring up the Tuning Menu on the integrated display and adjust settings with the FunkySwitch.
The included QR1 Lite Wheel-Side clamps easily to the steering shaft by hand, without the need for tools. Alternatively, you can select the metal QR1 Wheel-Side (sold separately), which unlocks High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases. It can also be upgraded easily to the next-generation QR2 system (coming soon).
The Fanatec CSL Universal Hub V2 is available via the official website for €149.95 Incl. VAT + Shipping.
- Innovative expanding design allows the hub to adjust to many sizes of wheel rim
- Lightweight, stepless slider mechanism expands by 60 mm
- Shifter paddle width adjustable from 214 mm to 274 mm (at widest point)
- Metal bracing improves rigidity up to 23% compared to V1
- Ergonomic shifter paddles
- Integrated button islands (non-removable)
- Eight standard buttons with snap-dome activation
- 2-way rocker switch
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments
- Three-digit LED display for Tuning Menu functions and telemetry data from compatible games or third-party software
- 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Tool-free QR1 Lite Wheel-Side design:
- Improved ease of use (no clamping bolt required) and durability
- Exchangeable, supports metal QR1 Wheel-Side, unlocking High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases
- Ready for next-generation QR2 system (coming soon)
- Low weight of 660g (with QR1 Lite Wheel-Side, not including wheel rim) for fast acceleration and fidelity
- DataPort-C connector ready for future upgrades
- Can be used with all Fanatec wheel rims and all third-party rims using the 6 x 70 mm or 3 x 50 mm bolt pattern (e.g. Sparco, MOMO, OMP)
- Allows the use of third-party steering wheels with USB cables on all compatible Fanatec bases (direct USB connectivity is not possible)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 (QR1 Wheel-Side required*)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2 (QR1 Wheel-Side required *)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 PS4 (QR1 Wheel-Side required*)
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4
- CSL DD Wheel Base
- Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base
*It is possible to use High Torque Mode when using a metal quick release (QR1 Wheel-Side).
- PC: The product is compatible with Windows PC.
- Xbox: The product is not compatible with Xbox systems.
- PlayStation: The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent. PlayStation 5: Check our platform compatibility page for more details.
- To operate this product, a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base (not included) is mandatory.
- Buttons and paddle shifters are not easily reached with larger, dished wheel rims. For example, the ClubSport Wheel Rim GT (320 mm, no dish) works well, but the Podium Wheel Rim NASCAR (350 mm, dished) does not.
- DataPort-C connector is not compatible with USB devices.
- It is possible to use full torque on a CSL DD or Gran Turismo DD Pro with Boost Kit 180, even with the QR1 Lite Wheel-Side quick release.
- High Torque Mode on Podium Wheel Bases is only available when using a metal quick release (QR1 Wheel-Side).
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com