First Look at the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC (ISRTV)
John Sabol from Inside Sim Racing presents his “First Look” review of the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC.
Following up on all the Sim Racing related hardware, John got excited over the new Pascal architecture graphics cards from Nvidia and decided to purchase the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC wich is the more affordable version of the card featuring a slightly lowered GPU clock compared to the G1 gaming variant.
After unboxing the product, John gives us a quick overview of the video card and performs some benchmarking sessions using Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally. During the tests, John also tries to overclock the card and shows us the performance results.
In an upcoming video, John will perform some more sim racing based benchmarking, and will have an in-depth look at the Simultaneous Multi-Projection technology present in the Pascal architecture cards. This feature enables full triple-screen adjustments, even for racing titles that lack native triple-screen support.
At the time of writing, the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC is on sale for under $400.00 in the US and around €500.00 in Europe.
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC Features:
- Power by GeForce GTX 1070
- Pascal GP104 GPU
- Only 1x 8-pin power connector needed
- Integrated with 8GB GDDR5/ 256bit memory
- Memory clock speed – 8008MHz
- WINDFORCE 2X with Blade Fan Design
- Support up to 8K display @60Hz (requires 2*DP1.3 connectors)
- Build with 6+2 power phases
- Boost: 1771 MHz/ Base: 1582 MHz in OC Mode
- Boost: 1746 MHz/ Base: 1556 MHz in Gaming
- One Dual-link DVI-D
- One HDMI 2.0b (Max Resolution: 4096 x 2160 at 60Hz)
- Three Display Port 1.4 (Max Resolution: 7680 x 4320 at 60Hz)
|Official Webpage – www.isrtv.com|