Youtube user Jaimswallace posted a beautifully crafted trailer video showing us some Destruction Derby action in Bugbear Entertainment’s new driving game called “Next Car Game” . The game is still a work in progress, making this an Early Access release of the upcoming title. However, in its current state of development the title looks very promising to say the least. In this video you can see the Early Access version action on both an autocross and figure eight layout. Be warned… There is lots of debris flying in all directions.
The Bugbear inhouse Game Engine called ROMU is more then capable delivering state of the art graphics. Combine that with the very detailed vehicular destruction capability, and we have a next gen Autocross title on our hands. We can’t help imagining how great it would be if this engine would be used for a new rally game. fingers crossed.
Next Gar Game is scheduled to be released for PC as soon as early spring 2014. If the developer is able to raise more money, Next Car Game might also appear on the Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Sign up for the BugBear Newsletter here and get a free demo version of the Technology Sneak Peek.
The Next Car Game Early Access version can be purchased via the Steam Platform for €23.99 while the Next Car Game Digital Deluxe Edition will cost you €33.99.
|Official Webpage – http://nextcargame.com/
- New Figure 8 derby race event.
- All race tracks now have a reverse layout as well.
- Lap and AI counts are now fully customizable for each event.
- Tarmac track: start area overhauled, tarmac textures reworked, last sector redecorated.
- Gravel track: textures reworked, track surface visuals updated.
- New birches for both tarmac and gravel track.
- General polishing and bug fixing.
- Three new weathers: bright day, cold morning and warm sunset.
- A random weather is selected to an event at startup.
- Tire stacks now have more weight to them for added realism.
- Reduced concrete barrier friction to prevent the car from spinning.
- New car: American Sedan (no high detail dashboard yet).
- Steering wheels now rotate in cockpit camera.
- Texture/model improvements and bug fixes.
- Increased European hatchback engine power.
- Reworked European hatchback handling.
- New engine backfire effect.
- Improved differential simulation.
- New gearbox, drivetrain, suspension and brake upgrade parts.
- New paint jobs for cars to choose from.
- Driving model improvements.
- Assists now have three levels of strength: ‘Off’, ‘Half’ and ‘Full’, with ‘Off’ and ‘Half’ being the same as earlier ‘Off’ and ‘On’ and ‘Full’ offering an even more assisted driving experience.
- New screenshot camera mode with zoom factor and yaw, pitch and roll parameters, designed for taking screenshots with free camera and hidden HUD. In the screenshot mode, it’s possible to rotate the camera as well as adjust the field-of-view, and by accessing Effect Mode, you can adjust the Depth-of-Field (DOF) parameters to your liking. There’s no dedicated button for taking a screenshot yet, so you need to use an external application or PrintScreen button.
- Brought back spherical camera from the technology demo, it’s available only in camera mode at least for now.
- Implemented another chase camera further back according to the feedback.
- Tweaked European hatchback chase camera.
- Fixed engine component damage calculation in HUD.
- Removed red damage direction indicators from HUD based on a general request.
- Fixed an issue with gameplay damage not being calculated correctly when near death.
- Further balancing of gameplay damage and visual damage – a completely reworked system will be introduced in the future.
- Reworked many textures.
- Added some nice decorative elements.
- Tweaked interior and yard decoration.
- Tweaked lighting.
- Derby AI: tactical reverse mode now considers engine location more efficiently.
- Removed speed sensitive steering when using a steering wheel.
- Implemented further balancing tweaks to AI profiles and handling.
- Implemented start position randomization (for player as well).
- Binding the Logitech G27 button 7 etc. will no longer result in exiting the settings menu.
- Loading screen will now show a background based on the event you’re playing.
- Game is now paused and input suspended while Steam overlay is active.
- DirectInput gamepads should now work and are also remappable.
- Improved controller settings to reduce steering lag.
- Fixed a bug where VSync was not able to recover back to 60 fps when temporarily dipping to 30 fps.
- Engine damage sound effect is now linked to actual engine damage instead of car health.