Game Spotting – Gravel by Milestone Announced
For the last few weeks, Italian developer Milestone Studios has been teasing its Twitter audience by hinting that there was a new game in the works. As the studio is best known for their Ride, MotoGP and MXGP bike games, it came as a surprise that this time the new game focuses on four-wheeled vehicles. Today Milestone Studios officially announced their new game project called Gravel.
In their own words, Gravel is an off-road vehicle game they started developing more than one year ago. It offers a simulation style physics model but will still let you have heaps of fun while drifting the cars on different terrains, make crazy jumps and perform impossible maneuvers.
Milestone says: Thanks to its technical features, Gravel will offer wide open maps and believable physics, although the driving experience will be oriented towards a pure fun approach. We can probably call it a ‘sim-cade’ title. For sure, the game is NOT a simulation and is NOT a rally game.
The game will feature more than 50 powerful off-road vehicles ranging from Trophy Trucks to Rally Legends and will even include the Porsche brand. You will be able to race in at a selection of environments such as deserts, jungles, dunes, and snowy mountains. All the action will take place on wide open maps and Stadium Circuits in both offline and an online gaming mode that will support 12 players.
Build on the Unreal Engine 4, Gravel promises a high level of detail with photorealistic graphics, dynamic time of day feature, a dynamic weather system, an impressive lighting system and particle effects.
Gravel is scheduled for release this coming summer for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Gravel Game Features:
- More than 50 powerful off-road vehicles from the ‘70s to 2017, including Group B rally cars, American trophy trucks, cross-country vehicles, rallycross cars, Group S prototypes, some brand-new vehicles such as the 2017 Abarth 124 and legendary brands such as Porsche, Ford, Lancia, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Renault, Chevrolet, BMW and many more
- More than 18 different locations split into four groups: open maps, where the player races in huge and photorealistic environments, wild rushes, which are exotic locations set up for hosting racing competitions, American stadiums, and real rallycross circuits.
- Online multiplayer Game Mode
Gravel Game Modes
- Wild Rush – The wildest locations around the world make for a perfect theater to host the Offroad Masters show. Tracks made to show yourself and crush your opponents, without holding anything back.
- Cross Country – Wide, open maps perfect to race with opponents in checkpoint competitions or to explore freely. Drive without boundaries, and steal the show.
- Speed Cross – Take the fight into real tracks, and show your true skills as an offroad driver.
- Stadium Circuit – Arenas filled with spectacular jumps: feel the roar of the crowd and launch your vehicle in extreme acrobatics!
- Gravel Channel – Everything you do in Gravel is for the show: Offroad Masters, hosted by Gravel Channel, is the wildest offroad show on earth, and you are entitled to beat the Masters and take the top spot in the competition. Will you be up to the task?
Official Webpage – gravelvideogame.com