Game Stock Car Extreme V1.50 available now
Reiza Studios have released Stock Car Extreme V1.50 on Steam & via GSC Sync.
The V1.50 GSCE update will include the first in-house compiled executables, removing all the external code injection DLLs from the previous releases. Several features that were previously developed using injected code have now been rewritten into the codebase. Also, several new features, improvements, and bug fixes have been implemented in the same manner.
The update also brings you some new content in the form of the Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models) and the Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts).
Check out the full release notes below.
Because of this major change, Reiza Studios urge you to carefully read the important release notes to ensure you do not encounter problems after updating.
- Current users MUST create a fresh player profile (delete the old one from \USERDATA) otherwise the game won´t launch.
- New users MUST note that GSC Config may not launch directly from Steam, which will result in a Crashdump – run it from game install folder:\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme (will be fixed in a following update).
- After creating a fresh profile, make sure to double-check your driving aids & controller speed sensitivity to make sure they match what you had before
- If you get a crash on startup, make sure you have installed the DX9.0C that comes with the game (by running \Support\DirectX\Install\DXSETUP.exe).
- If you do the above and still crashes, or if you get a black screen when escaping from a session, delete d3d9.dll from the game root folder.
- If you get a blank screen after hitting escape from the track, delete d3d9.dll from the game root folder.
- Since there are several new parameters for both cars and tracks, it is possible that some MODs will not work 100% and will need to be updated to use the new features (please consult this thread to learn you may update your mod).
For the new STEERING ROTATION feature:
All Logitech & Thrustmaster wheels with adjustable rotation should be working with this feature. Fanatec wheels should too, except for the V2 wheelbase which is still in development.
If you have any of the supported wheels, it is recommended you set Enable Custom Steer Rotation to NO from OPTIONS > CONTROLS, and let the game customize the appropriate rotation range for each car:
If Enable Custom Steer Rotation is set to NO, the rotation range below it has no effect so you may ignore it.
Some cars will also allow some range for adjusting rotation from the garage menu – ex. F-Extreme is defaulted to 360º, but you can increase that 450º from the garage. Others (like the Lancers) are fixed at 900º.
In case you do not have a controller with adjustable rotation, OR if your steering wheel is not yet supported by this feature, you should set Enable Custom Steer Rotation to YES, and define how much rotation range you have in your controller in the setting below – the game should then work same as before (with any adjustment per car done manually both here & controller profiler) and STEER ROTATION SETTING in GARAGE1 menu will have no actual effect.
Please note that in either case, using old controller presets is NOT recommended – we recommend you start one from scratch.
Further known issues with this version (to be addressed in the next release):
- GSC Dedicated is unstable when running from Steam;
- DRS activation & tire compound selection are not stored in replays;
- No compound restriction per track in F-Extreme & F-Reiza;
These issues and the ones aforementioned will be fixed ASAP.
Release Notes V1.50
- Adds Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models, recommended to run with TC & ABS on low as per the real car)
- Adds Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts);
Features & Fixes:
- Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3
- Added sensitivity & dead zone sliders for up to 6 controller inputs in CONTROLLER 3 menu
- Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so user no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above)
- Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);Added option to map commands for adjusting anti-roll bars from in-car (for the cars that have the option: Stock Car V8, Super V8, F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-V12, F-Classic )
- Added option to map commands for adjusting Vertical FOV from in-car
- Added support for 24h race length
- Added Stock V8 rule which restricts tire stops to one tire change at a time
- Tweaked AI to perform less strategical mistakes (such as pitting in the last lap)
- Rewritten all car classes from the previous standard “ReizaXX” to a nomenclature that better represents their respective series
- Introduced native support to 9-speed gearboxes & fixed bug which would lead to F-Extreme occasionally disappearing when hitting 8th gear in a multiplayer section
- AI drivers now use 8th gear & DRS
- Added “Opponents Filter” option to quick race menu (for multiclass racing)
- Replaced AI aggression UI slider with a set of presets low-to-max (max being 50% aggression in old currency to prevent AI misbehavior in overly aggressive settings)
Fixed bug with other cars occasionally “inheriting” 8 gears, DRS functionality from F-Extreme
- Fixed championship scoring bug
- Fixed grid position setting when qualifying is disabled
- Fixed performance issues with the SuperV8
- Revised pit menu rules & pitstop timing for all series
- Fixed bug with AI behavior being over aggressive with the throttle on corner exit leading to occasionally losing control
- Revised AI performance for all cars (balancing for consistency from car to car, track to track, session to session)
- Updated ambient, curb, road & grass roll noise for all cars
- Revised aero & tire physics in all cars
- Revised real-feel values to reduce FFB clipping
- Tweaked alpha channels in skins from Metalmoro MR18, Opala86, SuperV8, StockV8 series to reduce excessive shiny look
- Minor graphical optimization
- Fixed bug with Safety Car entering the pits in Curitiba Oval
- Fixed behavior of driver labels.
|Official Webpage – www.reizastudios.com|