Polyphony Digital has deployed Update V1.26 for the PS4/PS5 Gran Turismo 7 title. This latest update adds four new cars and a popular track to the ever-growing GT7 content list.
Fans of both futuristic and classic cars will be catered for with the Red Bull X2019 Race Car, the 2018 BMW M2 Competition, the 1978 Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth, and the 1996 Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14). On the track side of things, the new update adds the North American Road Atlanta Track. Furthermore, The ‘Road Atlanta’ and ‘Illumination’ locations have been added as featured curations in Scapes.
Check the full changelog below for more details.
1. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary Special Edition Race Car joins the lineup
2. Three new cars, including iconic FR Sports that have thrilled drivers throughout the decades, are now available.
BMW M2 Competition ’18
Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87
Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96
3. Test your skills at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
Total Length: 4,088m; Elevation Change: 38m; Corners Count: 12; Longest Straight: 1275m
The Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, a historic U.S. road course built in 1970 and located just north of Braselton, Georgia, is renowned for hosting touring car and prototype car races. It also serves as the venue for the 10-hour Petit Le Mans endurance race.
This technical course features a series of high-speed corners that requires full-throttle acceleration and hard braking. It’s tight and has dramatic elevation changes, which result in several blind corners. Overtaking must be performed here with caution.
4. “Illuminations” and “Road Atlanta” have been added to Curation in Scapes
V 1.26 Patch Notes:
Main Features Implemented
- The following four new cars have been added:
・BMW M2 Competition ’18
・Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87 (Purchasable at ‘Used Cars’);
・Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96 (Purchasable at ‘Used Cars’);
・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary (Obtainable from the ‘Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary’ banner at the top right of the World Map between 24 November and 3 January;)
- The ‘Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta race track has been added.
3. World Map
- A number of events and a specially themed map have been added to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Gran Turismo series. Please check the “Announcing the ‘Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary’ and ‘World Finals’ Celebration Campaigns!” article for further details.
4. Brand Central
- New Museum section for ‘DS Automobiles’ has been added for Europe (France.)
5. Used Cars
- The new ‘Car Valuation Service’ feature has been added. Please check the ‘Car Valuation Service‘ section of the online manual for more details. The ‘Car Valuation Service’ will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 12: ‘Collection: Renault’ (Collector Level 31 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 13: ‘Collection: Nissan Skyline GT-R’ (Collector Level 40 and above);
The new Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
7. World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
- Race of Turbo Sportscars
- American FR Challenge 550
- Gr.1 Prototype Series
- European FR Challenge 550
・Willow Springs Raceway
- Historic Sports Car Masters
- The ‘Road Atlanta’ and ‘Illumination’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.
9. GT Auto
- 23 new paint colors have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.
- Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby.
- A new ‘Popular Users’ category has been added to the Discover section;
- A list of players who have ‘Liked’ or ‘Reposted’ a User Generated Content can now be displayed in said content’s details section;
- Christmas songs have been added to the music tracklist.
- It is now possible to calibrate a handbrake controller under [Options] > [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings].
- It is now possible to set race functions for the push button dials on the THRUSTMASTER® T-GT by selecting ‘Other Buttons’ on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.
- It is now possible to set race functions for the control stick buttons on the Fanatec® GT DD Pro by selecting ‘Other Buttons’ on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the initial downforce values for the following cars:
・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19
・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota ’19
2. Race Screen
- Fixed an issue wherein setting ‘Show Race Info’ to ‘Off’ in ‘Display Settings’ would cause options such as tyre menus to not display on pit-in.
- The ‘Content Type’ function has been changed from a dropdown menu to buttons. This also applies to the gallery function on ‘My Page.’
4. Penalty Line
- The location of the Penalty Line has been adjusted for the following tracks:
・Deep Forest Raceway – Reverse
・Trial Mountain Circuit – Reverse
5. Braking Areas
- The braking areas on Trial Mountain have been adjusted.
- Fixed an issue wherein rain sound effects would not play properly on replays;
- Adjusted the engine sounds for certain vehicles.
- Fixed various text localization issues.
Official Webpage – www.playstation.com/gran-turismo-7