Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 July Update Available
Sony Interactive Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have deployed Update V1.23 for their Gran Turismo Sport racing title on the PlayStation 4.
The latest 3.5GB update patch brings us a nice list of new features, improvements, fixes, seven new cars, and a brand new (fictional) circuit. The seven new vehicles include a few modest city cars, but also feature high-powered racing machinery such as the Mazda 787B Group-C car and Lewis Hamilton’s title-winning Mercedes F1 car. Technically there are eight new cars taking into account that the 2017 Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power comes in a liveried and colored variation.
The new Circuit de Sainte-Croix fantasy track is featuring no less than 6 layouts. (three regular and three reversed). Furthermore, the v1.23 update adds Driver Customization features which let you customize and apply decals to your racing suit and helmet. As usual, the new update also adds a selection of new GT League Events.
Last but not least, Polyphony Digital introduced micropayments allowing you to purchase cars from the PlayStation Store. Cars that cost less than 2,000,000 in-game Cr. can now be purchased directly through the PS Store, in addition to your standard in-game purchases.
Main Features Implemented
1. New Cars
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT
1991 Honda Beat
1991 Mazda 787B
2002 Daihatsu Copen Active Top
2015 Honda S660
2017 Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ (In liveried and colored variation)
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
The “Circuit de Sainte-Croix” track has been added in 6 different layouts:
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – A
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – A II
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – B
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – B II
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – C
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix – C II
3. Campaign Mode
The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
- Beginner League “Lightweight K Cup”
- Amateur League “Nostalgic Car Festival”
- Professional League “Mercedes AMG Grand Prix”
- ”Raptor Survival” Rounds 4 and 5
- ”4WD Challenge” Rounds 4 and 5
- ”Vision Gran Turismo Trophy” Rounds 4 and 5
- ”Porsche Cup” Round 3
“Circuit de la Sarthe” has been added to the “Circuit Experience”.
- It is now possible to place driver avatars when taking photos in Scapes. Spots, where you can place drivers, will have a “Driver Can Be Placed” mark displayed
- The driver avatar pose can now be changed. New poses can be bought from the mileage store
- The “Scenes Containing People” collection, a special section of Spots suited for placing drivers, has been added
- Additional Scapes spots have been added to the “Tokyo Outer Ring Road, Chiba” collection.
5. Brand Central
- It is now possible to purchase cars that cost less than 2,000,000 Cr. through the PlayStation™Store
- It is now possible to view cars purchased through the PlayStation™Store by checking the “Purchased Content” section on the Brand Central main screen.
6. Sport Mode & Lobby
- When auto driving for a certain period of time, cars will now enter a ghost state
- “Grid Start with False Start Check” has been added to the list of race starting options
- The penalty judgment algorithm has been adjusted: Time Penalty added due to collisions will be reduced (please note that the Sportsmanship Rating can drop even without a Time Penalty.)
7. Livery Editor
- It is now possible to apply liveries on Racing Suits and Helmets, for which only color changes were previously available.
8. Physics Simulation Model
- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the “Tyre Wear” option is enabled have been adjusted
- In “Sport” mode, “Lobby”, and “Custom Race”, the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to “Real” has been adjusted. (When set to “Real”, the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before)
- The handling of Formula cars when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been adjusted
- With this update of car’s physics simulation model, the rankings of “Driving School”, “Mission Challenge”, and “Circuit Experience” has been reset. (This will not affect a player’s level progression).
- “Brand Central” has been added to “Global”.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue whereas decals placed on the “Audi R84.2 FSI R tronic ‘07” were distorted. For more details, please see “Important Information Regarding “Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ‘07” Livery Data“
- It is possible to hide or show the “Buy from the PlayStation™Store” button displayed when purchasing cars
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Official Webpage – www.gran-turismo.com