Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage presents part two of his aluminum profile GT Omega Prime Cockpit review.
In part one of the review, Barry guided us through the assembly process of the rig. In part two, he completes the build, mounting a seat, pedals, wheelbase, and a Shifter. Then it’s time to take the rig for a sim racing test session in iRacing driving the Lotus 79 at Sebring.
Long-term sim racers will be familiar with the GT Omega brand. The Scotland-based company has made an international name for itself, retailing wheel stands, sim racing cockpits, and gaming seats since the early days of sim racing. Popular products such as their budget-friendly PRO Simulator Cockpit, ART Cockpit, and the more recent and yet still very affordable Titan Cockpit, have all proven to be a good value for money, but might not meet the requirements of the advanced enthusiast.
That is why GT Omega, is now introducing the Aluminum Profile PRIME Series Cockpit. Using Aluminum Profile as a basis for the cockpit design results in a modular, very rigid, highly adjustable, chassis that is future proof. The main chassis of the Prime cockpit series is made out of 160x40mm durable anodized extruded aluminum profiles. The wheel Deck, Pedal Plate, and Gear shifter mount are made out of heavy-duty carbon steel and are all adjustable to suit your personal requirements.
The GT Omega PRIME Cockpit is available in 3 versions. The Prime RS6, The Prime RS9, and the Prime XL RS. These versions are virtually the same but comes with different racing seats.
The GT Omega PRIME Cockpit is currently up for pre-order via the official GT Omega Website. Orders are scheduled to ship by 14th December 2020.
- PRIME Cockpit Without Seat – €669,95 + Shipping
- PRIME Cockpit RS6 – €799,95 + Shipping
- PRIME Cockpit RS9 – €819,95 + Shipping
- PRIME Cockpit XLRS – €839,95 + Shipping
- 160x40mm aluminium profiles
- Sleek Black Anodized chassis
- Adjustable seating position
- Fully adjustable steering wheel position
- Pedal position fully adjustable
- Highly adjustable side mounting point for the gear shifter
- Perfectly suited for future upgrades
- Fanatec Clubsport Wheels
- Fanatec Elite wheel series
- Thrustmaster wheels (T500RS, TC-PS, TS-XW, T300RS, T-GT)
- Logitech G25, G27, G29, G920, G923
- AccuForce V1/V2