Long-term sim racers will undoubtedly remember the Inside Sim Racing show in which almost 13 years ago, Darin Gangi and various co-hosts pioneered the world of Sim Racing related video broadcasts. In 2018, John Sabol, who took over the ISR format from Darin, and most certainly did a great job, had to call it a day, due to personal obligations.
Now Darin Gangi is back presenting the first episode of the rebooted Inside Sim Racing show presented by www.us.sim-motion.com.
In Episode 1 of the new ISR shown, Darin Gangi showcases the Simagic M10 Direct Drive wheelbase and the GT1 and GT4 wheel rims. Darin goes over all the different options available for the M10 wheelbase, and shows you how to install a 70mm bolt pattern replacement wheel.
Official Webpage – www.us.sim-motion.com
SIMAGIC M10 DD Wheelbase
The M10 Direct Drive unit is Simagic’s entry-level 10 Nm sim racing wheelbase, which aims to deliver the best range of torque at an affordable price. Simagic states that 6-8 Nm is what is being regarded as the required toque needed for high-end sim racing wheels. The remaining 2-4 Nm is used to minimize force feedback clipping, and to help attenuate sudden feedback changes.
The M10 stepper motor is equipped with three CPUs to rapidly process the incoming signals resulting in a 1000 Hz refresh rate for USB communication, and a 40000 Hz update rate for force feedback controls.
M10 DD Wheel Specifications:
- Finish – CNC aluminum housing with an anodized surface, carbon fiber panels for front and back covers
- Motor – Three-phase stepper motor optimized for sim racing uses
- Max Toque – 10 Nm
- Power Requirement – 100-220V AC, 50/60Hz (Use adaptor comes standard with the device only)
- Platform – PC only, supports all major PC games like F1 2019, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, etc.
- Connection – USB-B for connection to PC, Plug and Play, Reset button available for a quick reset
- Software – Race Manager click to download
- Location Sensor – 16385 Pulses per revolution
- Refresh Rate – 1000 Hz for in-game data communication, 40000 Hz for force feedback control
- Standard Warranty – 12 months, optional extension of 3 or 5-year warranty (available only at the time of purchase)