iRacing – The Digital Race Engineer Tool V3.0
iRacing member Egil Sandfeld presents a new update for his Digital Race Engineer voice control and feedback tool for iRacing bringing the tool to V3.0.
The DRE is an audio system with built-in situation awareness which monitors your racing and surrounding conditions in order to optimize your racing performance. This virtual crew chief gives you important data and information and listens to you as a real race engineer would. With the Digital Race Engineer, you are in full control of driving whether that be in front of your screens or in Virtual Reality.
The DRE has over 600 commands and 50 different types of verbal feedback alerts for iRacing! Be in control of your car and settings, dial in pit stop adjustments, decide with your voice what’s on the screen and UI, and many other features. The feedback system provides an interactive digital race engineer who alerts you about more than 50 various topics. The DRE gives you car warnings like risen oil temperature, low water levels, engaged pit speed limiter, brake or throttle pedals hanging, performance, competitors, and much more.
Newer features for Version 3 include (though not limited to):
- Simulated positions for non-streamed cars in the session (making it possible to run Max Cars option below 63)
- Joystick button support
- Dynamic delta tabbing (switch through delta tabs via voice)
- Mark other drivers (as streamers, good racers, dangerous, etc.)
- Estimated iRating to gain for current position
- More performance info, like sector comparisons to own laps and of others
- Project positions in practice and qual (know roughly which position to climb to during the hot lap)
- Further granularity of when to trigger alert alerts in all session types, road only, oval only, or off
- DRE will not talk while you are busy racing (in corners, when cars are next to you, etc.)
- Added over 60000+ new command combinations (making it easier to speak naturally)
- Action Camera that follows the most interesting action on track when out of the car
- DRE Launcher for easier customization of alerts & parameters and much more
- Check the changelog to fully explore all the change
The new DRE Launcher for full customization
Check out the Free DRE version, or grab the Pro version costing about ~$20 dollars which includes additional features.
Check The DRE website to learn more about it.
Official Webpage – thedigitalraceengineer.com