Studio 397 shared some more in-game preview screenshots of the ORECA LMP2 for the upcoming Le Mans Ultimate racing game.
The screenshots show us the #34 Inter Europol Competition Oreca 07-Gibson LMP2 as driven by Jakub Śmiechowski, Fabio Scherer, and Albert Costa. This particular car led the last 112 laps of the 2023 24 Hours of Le Mans in the Prototype 2 (LMP2) class and secured its maiden WEC class victory.
About the Oreca 07-Gibson LMP2
The 2023 ORECA (Organisation Exploitation Compétition Automobiles) LMP2 is a continuation of the successful Oreca 07 chassis, which has been in production since 2017. The car has received a number of updates for the 2023 season, including:
- New aerodynamics: The car has a new front fascia, rear wing, and side skirts that have been designed to improve aerodynamics and generate more downforce.
- New engine: The car is now powered by a Gibson GK428 Evo V8 engine, which is a development of the previous engine and produces more power and torque.
- New gearbox: The car has a new six-speed sequential gearbox from Xtrac, which is lighter and more efficient than the previous gearbox.
- New suspension: The car has a new double wishbone suspension system with pushrod-activated shocks. The suspension is fully adjustable, which allows teams to tune it to suit different track conditions.
- New brakes: The car has ventilated carbon disc brakes on all four wheels, which are more powerful and can stop the car quickly from high speeds.
The 2023 ORECA LMP2 is a very impressive endurance racing car. It is lightweight, aerodynamic, and has excellent handling and stability. It is also very reliable, making it a popular choice for both privateer and professional teams alike.
Le Mans Ultimate is being developed by Studio 397 and Motorsport Games Inc. The game will feature (some or all) official cars and circuits of the 2023 FIA World Endurance Championship WEC season, with the 24 Hours of Le Mans as its headline event.
The cars list will consist of Hypercars from Ferrari, Peugeot, Porsche, and Toyota, alongside all the cars of the 2023 full-season WEC championship. You can expect high-fidelity models of iconic tracks such as Spa-Francorchamps, Monza, Fuji, and of course the Circuit de la Sarthe.
The Le Mans Ultimate game is scheduled to become available on PC somewhere in December 2023. During 2024, publisher Motorsport Games Inc. will be evaluating if they can also bring this title to consoles.
Official Webpages – www.studio-397.com – www.lemansultimate.com