New RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Deployed
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new 2.1 GB update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, including the earlier announced Dubai Autodrome circuit (4 layouts), new features focused towards league racing, a physics overhaul of various car classes as well as the introduction of AI improvements.
Check out the changelog below for all the details.
The Dubai Autodrome circuit (including 4 layouts) is available via the RaceRoom Store for €4.98.
Completed in 2004, the Dubai Autodrome was the UAE’s first fully-integrated multipurpose motorsport and entertainment facility.
At the heart of the Union Properties MotorCity development, it includes an FIA sanctioned 5.39km circuit with six different configurations, a race school, indoor and outdoor karting tracks, the Grandstand Retail Plaza, the Motorsport Business Park, a VIP Paddock Hospitality area and entertainment facilities ideal for events and corporate entertainment.
Located 25 minutes from central Dubai, the Dubai Autodrome is a safe and controlled motoring environment that can accommodate large crowds, whether as a local social destination or as a tourist attraction for overseas visitors.
For over a decade the Dubai Autodrome has played host to world-class racing, including rounds of the FIA GT Championship, European Touring Car Championship, A1 GP, GP2 Asia, Lamborghini Super Trofeo ME, MRF Challenge, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME, the Radical Middle East Cup and the renowned Hankook 24H Dubai Endurance Race.
The track is also proud to promote local motorsport, which annually supports the NGK Racing Series, the UAE Sportbike Championship, the Formula Gulf Academy and the FIA UAE F4 Championship.
- Download size = 2.1 GB
- Client version = 0.8.0.6592
- Client BuildID = 4249150
- Dedicated server version = 55.0.1028
- Dedicated server BuildID = 4249152
- Added ability to determine the starting position of the race. When a starting grid is defined on the server, the qualifying session will be skipped entirely. The server will place players on the grid in the exact order defined by the server administrator and will not perform any sorting by performance index.
- Added ability to import users from a given leaderboard and a given team name to pre-populate the starting grid.
- Added a chat box in the dedicated server interface to allow the broadcasting of messages to all players from the server admin.
- Added a Weight Manager tool to easily manage the administration of success ballast for a large number of players throughout a league championship. The manager can be pointed at the result of a past race and all players can be assigned weight following any kind of regulation with the help of custom formula’s.
- Added a latency indicator next to each of the connected players. It shows an average value that is calculated over a full minute.
- Adjustments to Slowdown penalties that have been too harsh since the previous update, especially in high-speed corners.
- Increased connection timeouts from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in the hope to reduce the number of disconnects from multiplayer sessions.
- Improved automatic choice of graphic settings (at first start) based on the detected hardware.
- Improved visibility of the message stating a game restart is required after switching to another monitor in fullscreen mode.
- An attempt at getting rid of weird laser weapon sounds when cars transition from track to their garage position ( example )
- Fixed saving of two identical screenshots when pressing the screenshot key while on a menu
- Dubai Autodrome is now available with 4 layouts ( Grand Prix; International; National; Club )
- Audi R8 LMS – Fixed cockpit camera that was slightly off-center
- Audi TT cup – Fixed underbody feelers that were 2,5cm too low and made the car scrape the tarmac when it, in fact, should not.
- Formula RaceRoom 90 – Updated physics (suspension and differential, rev limiter logic, increased oil cooling slightly); Improvements to AI behavior
- GTR1 car class – Updated physics (aerodynamics, turbo buildup, rev limiter logic, tuned dampers) ; Improvements to AI behavior
- GTR2 car class – Updated physics (Traction Control logic, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts) ; Improvements to AI behavior
- Honda Civic TC1 – Fixed an issue where this car couldn’t easily alternate between forward and reverse gears.
- NSU TTS – Improvements to AI behavior (no more rolling over big curbs)
- Pagani Zonda R – Updated physics (Traction Control logic, ABS improvements, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts)
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport – Updated physics (tuned dampers, tyre model, Traction Control and ABS improvements; Improvements to AI behavior
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – Updated physics (tyre model refinements to have much more response to tyre pressures, tuned dampers and rear camber, differential tweaks); Improvements to AI behavior
- Porsche 934 RSR – Tweaked rearview mirror UV
- Porsche 911 Carrera (964) – Updated physics (rev limiter behavior, differential, suspension and dampers, tyre model, ABS improvements); Improvements to AI behavior
- WTCR – Improvements to AI behavior
- Road America – Updated the high-resolution road surface, fixed a misplaced curb at turn 11. Added ambient occlusion from walls.
Official Webpages – game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com