New WreckFest Update available
After being silent for quite a while, BugBear Entertainment now released a new update for their Wreckfest smash ’em up racer formerly known as Next Car Game.
As usual, the update contains a selection of fixes and improvements on both the core game and the online netcode.
Wreckfest is available on the official Steam page for 23,44€.
- Implemented an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics.
Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car’s icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.
- Added a new work-in-progress tarmac track.
- Improved all suspension setups.
- Added Racing and Rally tyres in addition to Standard ones.
- Improved off-road surfaces, now they are either more slippery or slow down.
- Improved clutch logic so it’s now easier to get the car moving again after spinning out.
- Improved gamepad controller.
- Fixed frequent crashing when joining servers with lawn mowers.
- Improved vehicle paint-job changing speed.
- Improved game start-up time after system boot.
- Fixed graphics settings resetting after system boot.
- Excluded paint-job related files from data modification check.
- Implemented new grass.
- Alpha-to-coverage multisampling for foliage is now always enabled.
- Removed festive stuff.
- Added basic event rotation functionality for dedicated server.
- Added an ability to log dedicated server’s messages to a file.
- Further reduced idle dedicated server CPU usage.
- Dedicated server configuration is from now on read from server_config.cfg file which is not clobbered by Steam updates. The file is seeded from the old initial_server_config.cfg file.
|Official Webpage – www.wreckfestgame.com|