Next Car Game Update 3 (17/04/2014)
BugBear entertainment released the latest update of NEXT CAR GAME. This update adds a new but classic sandpit race track with sweeping corners, hefty hillocks and treacherous sand banks.
The new replay mode will make it possible to re watch your race from a variety of camera angles. To enhance the visuals of the replay mode even more, the development team included features such as depth-of-field, slow motion and fast forward, target locking, selectable field-of-view, and more. Bugbear also announced that the user interface will be reworked in one of the coming updates. With all these visualisation features, you can expect to see some spectacular fan videos soon.
Bringing you more content, this update also features two spanking new derby stadiums for you to race in. On the technical side, the suspension and tire physics have been enhanced and updated. One of the most important improvements in this build is the addition of multi-controller support, making it finally possible to drive with separate wheels and pedals. For those who rather race using a gamepad, it will be good news to hear that the responsiveness of the controller is now increased. As usual its obvious that this update also contains a set of fixes and improvements. Check out the full changelog for more details.
You can Sign up for the BugBear NEXT CAR GAME Newsletter here and get a free demo version of the Technology Sneak Peek. The free version contains a limited version of the playground scene. This playground scene is used by the Next Car Game developers to test various features various like car handling, damage and environment physics.
The sneak peek lets players run one of 24 cars through a “playground” that was used for testing the vehicle and environmental damage mechanics of the game. Note that this sneak peek does not represent the game-play and quality of the final game. In the final game the action will take place on many locations including a number of race tracks and derby arenas.
Additionally, you can Pre-Order Next Car Game at http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ ( All pre-orders come with a Steam CD key. Steam CD keys will be distributed once the Steam version is available.)
Next Car Game is scheduled to be released for PC as soon as early spring 2014. If the developer is able to raise more money, Next Car Game might also appear on the Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Sign up for the BugBear Newsletter here and get a free demo version of the Technology Sneak Peek. The Next Car Game Early Access version can be purchased via the Steam Platform for €23.99 while the Next Car Game Digital Deluxe Edition will cost you €33.99.
The included video is provided by Youtube user Freakianer showing us a race on the new sandpit track.
Pre order Options:
- Weekend Smasher (game)
- Full-Time Wrecker (plus exclusive car, soundtrack, community badge)
- Master Blaster (plus your name in the game)
- Team Bugbear Member (plus Team Bugbear paintjob, your name in the credits)
- Bugbear Vehicle Artist (plus you get to design a paintjob!)
- New sandpit race track featuring both normal and reverse layouts, work-in-progress.
- New mudpit derby stadium, work-in-progress.
- New small derby stadium, work-in-progress.
- Smoothed out track-sides and improved gravel race track readability.
- New work-in-progress spectator models – some previous ones remain.
- New concrete barriers, used in various derby stadiums.
- Two new weathers: stormy evening and misty evening.
- Weather can be now specified in the event setup.
Vehicles and Handling:
- New driver model, as of now simply static.
- Improved suspension and tire physics.
- More responsive handling with a game pad.
- Improved player vs. AI collision physics.
- Improved deformation physics so that visual car damage is more accurate.
- Improved gameplay damage to prevent cars from getting too torn up and still going.
- Fixed a case where cars would get damaged and eventually destroyed from rubbing against a static barrier.
- New replay mode with slow motion and fast forward time controls (-16.0x … 4.0x), a number of different cameras, target locking & switching, depth-of-field and field-of-view settings.
- Race timer now correctly displays hundredths as well instead of random numbers.
- Game is no longer unpaused when exiting Steam overlay if the game was paused.
- Implemented multicontroller support (e.g. wheel and pedals in separate USB ports).
- Sensitivity & deadzone adjustments now take effect without a restart.
- Added saturation, sensitivity and dead zone settings for XInput controllers.
- Game now defaults to DirectInput for wheels, hopefully making some wheels behave better.
- The game now detects more than one XInput controllers that are connected simultaneously.
- Force feedback is disabled for Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel in an attempt to work around buggy driver causing lag.
- Increased AI engine volume.
- General improvements.
IMPORTANT: If you’re experiencing controller issues such as being unable to correctly assign controls, please remove the user data generated by the previous build by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing the folder labeled ‘next car game pre-alpha’.
|Official Webpage – http://nextcargame.com/