Project CARS 2 Ferrari List Revealed
The original Project Cars had to do without content representing the famous brand from Maranello, Italy. That has now changed as Ferrari will become part of the 170+ car lineup in Project CARS 2.
Slightly Mad Studios and publisher Bandai Namco have confirmed that a selection of no less than ten classic and current Ferarri models will be included in the upcoming Project CARS 2 title.The racing game will feature some of most legendary road and racing Ferrari’s ranging from the iconic 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 to the modern day LaFerrari hypercar spanning 49 years of motorsport history.
To get us excited, Slightly Mad Studios published a brand new cinematic trailer and some stunning images showing us the meticulously reproduced prancing horses in-game.
Game Director of Project CARS 2, Stephen Viljoen said: Curating and selecting Ferraris from over 80 years’ worth of motorsport history was both a challenge and a joy. Our fans’ number one request after Project CARS 1 was to bring Ferrari to our game. We’re proud and really excited to have managed to bring this legendary brand to the franchise. Recreating their handling and legendary performance was a top priority for us.
Creative Director Andy Tudor stated: Having Ferrari in Project CARS 2 is fantastic news for our drivers. But it also comes with its own unique set of challenges. With so much pedigree and expectation, getting the feel of these Ferraris right, in-game, was a massive responsibility for us. Fans and drivers of both Project CARS 2 and Ferrari expect something special, they expect the cars in-game to echo all the hallmarks of what it is to drive some of Maranello’s greatest-ever cars. We can’t wait to get our drivers into these Ferraris and let them experience what we’ve achieved. These cars are truly special.
The full list of included Ferrari models:
- 1967 Ferrari 330 P4
- 1969 365 GTB4 Competizione
- 1984 288 GTO
- 1990 F40 LM
- 1996 F333 SP
- 1996 F50 GT
- 2003 Enzo
- 2015 LaFerrari
- 2016 488 GT3
- 2016 488 GTE
Project CARS 2 the ‘ultimate driver journey’ will become available September 22 – 2017 for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam OS.
- Licensed Cars: There are more than 170 licensed cars from the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Track Roster: More than 40 tracks including Daytona, LeMans, and the Mazda Raceway
- New Vehicle Types: Rallycross, IndyCars and Oval racers arrive in this year’s version.
- Visual Enhancements and Track Conditions: PC2 will support VR, 12K, 21:9 and triple-screen support. It will also feature a dynamic time of day, weather and new seasonal conditions
- esports Compatibility: PC2 will also be esports-ready from launch. Full ranking ad broadcasting/streaming functionality
- Online Components: New online championships will help to augment the competitive scene.
- Gameplay Enhancements: LiveTrack 3.0 delivers dynamic surface conditions that impact vehicle performance, as well as track evolution. there’s also new bleeding-edge tire physics, improved AI, and gamepad controls.
Official Webpage – www.projectcarsgame.com