Project CARS 2 – Introducing the Classic Spa Francorchamps Circuit
With the annual Total 24 hours of Spa ready to be raced this weekend, Slightly Mad Studios published a new article outlining some of the history of the Belgian Spa-Francorchamps circuit. Both the current and the iconic classic version of the track will be featured in the upcoming Project CARS 2 racing title. As usual, the article is accompanied by some impressive in-game screenshots showing us some of the Project CARS 2 vintage-era vehicles in action on the virtual recreation of the classic track.
The Belgian Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is one of the world’s most famous racing tracks with a wealth of historical heritage. It is the home of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix, the ToTal Spa 24 Hours, the WEC 6 Hours endurance race and many more. The most famous part of the circuit is without a doubt the Eau Rouge/Raidillon combination which is one of the most spectacular turns in motorsport.
The historic track layout was designed in 1920 by Jules de Thier and Henri Langlois Van Ophem. The original triangle-shaped course used public roads between the Belgian towns of Francorchamps, Malmedy, and Stavelot. The first car race was held at the circuit in 1922, and two years later saw the first running of the now famous 24 Hours of Francorchamps race. The circuit was first used for Grand Prix racing in 1925. Throughout history, the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is known to be the favorite track of many racing drivers around the world.
Project CARS 2 the ‘ultimate driver journey’ will become available September 22 – 2017 for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam OS.
- Licensed Cars: There are more than 170 licensed cars from the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Track Roster: More than 40 tracks including Daytona, LeMans, and the Mazda Raceway
- New Vehicle Types: Rallycross, IndyCars and Oval racers arrive in this year’s version.
- Visual Enhancements and Track Conditions: PC2 will support VR, 12K, 21:9 and triple-screen support. It will also feature a dynamic time of day, weather and new seasonal conditions
- esports Compatibility: PC2 will also be esports-ready from launch. Full ranking ad broadcasting/streaming functionality
- Online Components: New online championships will help to augment the competitive scene.
- Gameplay Enhancements: LiveTrack 3.0 delivers dynamic surface conditions that impact vehicle performance, as well as track evolution. there’s also new bleeding-edge tire physics, improved AI, and gamepad controls.
Official Webpage – www.projectcarsgame.com