Slightly Mad Studios have released their Holidays build. The build contains four new cars and a new track. So plenty to keep the members busy during the holiday weeks.
As far as cars go, the Ginetta G55 GT3,Mercedes 300SEL 6.8 AMG, Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A and the Sauber C9 Group C car are added to the game.
We can now also enjoy the virtual version of the British Brands Hatch circuit. The track has been build using laser-scan technology. The newly added cars and track are all still work in progress, but members can already get a taste of the quality and appearance.
Videos made by AdrianF1ESP
[EXPAND Click here for Build 626 – Build 632 info]
Build 632 (20/12/13, Junior Member+) – 124.2 MB
* Global finger animations: tweaked animations, more natural movement, removed legs from export
* Formula A: Suspension rework
* FFB: Turned on the slow spring for all cars to prevent oscillation when stopped.
* LMP RWD P30: Cloned LODX meshes, matte carbon material
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Ultra detail level Setup initial checkin, full LODs setup done.
* Brands Hatch: Adjustments to wet path, adjusted dry path for issues, tweaked corridors for adjusted track width at Sheene Curve down to the bridge
* Azure Coast (Stage1): Added latest assets from Kate and Gary, fixed some mapping issues on roads and terrain, replaced the barrier system all along the s1 village, added woods armcos, remapped rocks and slopes new mat created, added dry soil areas here and there along this sections, reworked the grass csm on these area, grass, bakedclay, longgrass, slopegrass, fixed coll walls
Build 631 (19/12/13, Junior Member+) – 440 MB
* Stop the final session of Career series from being played again once it’s completed (Seasons still reset). Still updates profile after the race to retain the setting
* Updated RaceOverview screen with date values
* Fixed loading screen values when loading sequential Career sessions
* Track Selection grid set to clip children for neatness, needs further work to fix though
* Fix for missing text on the Calibrate Wheel screen
* Tires: Updates for the new cars
* Prototype RWD P30: New physics set
* Ford Sierra RS500: Tweaked HUD tacho to fit new physics, removed bad collision mesh making the car an off-roader, various tweaks, initial physics, added HUD tacho, fixed pivots, added proper collision setup, Added collision meshes, replaced common_paint and fixed missing materials in CPIT
* Sauber C9: Added ambient shadow, tweaked cockpit exposure, initial physics set
* Mercedes 300SL: Proper alpha1 driver animations + initial setup, handling update. Now uses approximation of air suspension.
* Ginetta G55 GT3: Small cpit display tweak, configured various things for the first export, adjusted cockpit exposure, removed 2 pages from display, finished export setup, added lights, mirorrs, display
* Additional track and vehicle logos, and happy holidays!
* Flag wind speed fix for vertical flags, removal of very fast/inconsistent animations (needs animations replacement)
* Treewall texturemat tweak: matched to lighting and treeinstances
* Wisconsin: Updated placement XML with all new tyre walls, polish pass completed on the whole track, added new viewer mesh files for the various new tyre wall stacks, updated grass exclusion to give full and proper grass coverage on the new level, updated grass texture, added all new textures required by the track revamp, updated a few existing textures also.
* Oulton Park: Added ao map for scrutineering building (not yet in-game)
* Brands Hatch (GP & Indy layout): First export, bh adjusted textures on bridges and road darkened
– Using DX11MT on Brands Hatch leads to a crash at Pilgrims Drop
Build 630 (19/12/13, Junior Member+) – 150.9 MB
* Removes vehicle lod culling from camera direction (not used, but was doing calcs). Splits mirror code into own file (from hud). Mirror now renders in 3 chunks (in MT), chunk 1 – predicate, phase 1/2, chunk 2 – phase 3, chunk 3 – forward.
* Fixed bug in scoring when skipping rounds
* Stopped mode-specific scoring being used on non-scoring session types
* Added Steam presence and moved rich presence handling to Common Onlinesupport
* Implemented Steam support for events – stat submits and queries, ghost uploads and downloads. Events should now fully work as expected when running with -steamlb command-line option.
* Temp disable of base input for build
* Adding GetScreenX/Y functions
* Selected tiles now highlighted further with a blue overlay, improved icons for vehicle class types (not all currently)
* Updated visuals on Get In Car button (VehicleModel screen)
* Diffuse intensity multiplier implemented into particles shader billboardAnimated.fx (fragmentShaderZ_Forward) to increase brightness of particles
* Modified foliage shader to prevent DX11 shaders triggering a divide by zero error through use of fractional power function (was causing missing tree trunks)
* Road-broad texture updated
* Adding a safety check and an assert around a potential crash cause in racing flags
* Tires: Vintage r3, FA r0.
* Lotus 98T: New flexi tire. Both slicks and rain treads added. Reduced areo downforce by 15%. Increased mid-range torque and slight change in turbo mapping to help mid-range. Misc setup changes to suit. Wings set in the middle for Florence GP testing.
* LMP RWD P30: Fixed custom livery support + added carbon
* Mercedes 300SEL AMG: Small texture tweaks (not yet in-game)
* Oulton Park: Add new textures for pitbuilding, budworth building, fogarty moss center, pit garages (not yet in-game)
* Milan: New textures addition, textures update
* Azure Coast (Stage 1/Reverse): Placed new buildings from the start to the second big roundabout, fixed the terrain/road/pave along the croisette, removed road signs along section1, fixed csm+grass csm, deleted old stuff, updated sel sets
* Brands Hatch: Texturemap replacement for treewall (not yet in-game)
Build 629 (17/12/13, Team Member+) – 198.1 MB
* Phase 1 / 3 now split into 4 chunks on PS4. Fixes issue with env maps not being reset.
* Adds PS4 timing markers to HUD.
* WiiU: Added basic DRC support
* WiiU: Fixed template link error
* FXCompilerWiiU: support for parsing of NULL pixel shaders.
* WiiU: Runtime support for NULL pixel shaders + allow GX2Invalidate on a thread (support seems to be fixed with the latest SDK)
* Meshes with a deferment group of 1 will be marked as ‘final batch’, this is to prevent phase 3 issues with split batches.
* Fix for multi-threading on shadows getting invalid pointer.
* Fix for cube and volume texture loading.
* Fix for bootup crash with -DX11MT (knock-on issue with the PS4 phase1/3 thread splitting)
* DX11 HDR Convergence: Turn on instant mode if SLI/Crossfire – fixes flickering and dark cockpits.
* Fixing calendar click issue
* Fix for phantom back click bug and using new Get In Car button for vehicle select.
* If LoadNextSession flag is set, Career races now advance to the next session automatically via the loading screen – at EOR, and if skipping to the end of the session. All current Career test files updated. Related fix to show Career scores at EOR before loading.
* Changed online interface to clearly distinguish between tracks and events when running stat submits and queries, required by Steam event implementation to follow soon. Updated all code affected by the change. Note: Aries ghosts APIs still identify event ghosts by using the event id instead of track id, so id collisions will cause ghost problems.
* Added interface for animations to detect if pit lane/garages on left or right of track.
* Additional PitProgress management code
* Fix for PitProgress leak
* Test data – Pit Engineer: Animation sequence + bav file updated to generate an animation bank
* Processing for hrdf animation sequence scripts.
* Added an animation script for the refuelling sequence.
* Updated the pit_gaman_01 to generate an animation bank.
* Ginetta G55 GT3 2013: Check-in for CPIT work. (Naught)
* Mercedes 300SEL: Windscreen reflections dds texture, windows dds texture, wheels dds texture, misc dds texture, lightsglass dds texture, lights dds texture, brakedisc dds texture, windscreen banner dds texture (placeholder), badges dds texture, disc glow dds texture – suits most brake discs. – initial check-in. (Naught)
* LMP RWD P30: UV mapping finished (LODX, CPIT, LODD), Added custom livery support, added rain effect to paint/carbon, updated tire textures (removed ring)
* Vintage (Dunlop) tire tread: new tire tread dds texture for vintage (Dunlop) tires – initial check in
* Common tire: additional common tire dds texture for vintage cars – initial check in
* Brakedisc glow texture: common brake disc texture, additional version – initial check in
* BMW Z4 GT3: Panasonic logos replaced with Nvidia ones, nvidia logos added + new color design
* Formula A: Panasonic logo horizontal
* Azure Coast (Full&Reverse): placed new buildings from the start to the second big roundabout, fixed the terrain/road/pave along the croisette, removed road signs along section1, fixed csm+grass
* Brands Hatch: Texturemap replacement for treewall (Naught)
Build 628 (16/12/13, Team Member+) – 110.6 MB
* Fix for PS4 compile error.
* Fixing the exit to desktop button on the login screen.
* Fixing all world record holders and track maps in the main menu.
* Frontend updates: Backing out of an Options screen always saves it, legibility issues resolved on tiles, navigation on console issues fixed on any updated screens, desaturated/blurred backgrounds
* Steam-based events (WIP): When running in Steam leaderboards mode, download the published event configuration from the public web server during the login flow, rather than using Java’s login response contents.
* Added Championship toggle to optionally switch off the reset when events have been completed, so they retain their finished state (rather than being reset so they can be replayed).
* Moved data ordering so Rounds/Sessions are always at the bottom (easier to read)
* Formula A: Bigger longitudinal Panasonic logo on car nose, SMS logo quality improvement
* Ginetta G55 GT3 2013: Initial WIP check-in (not yet in-game)
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ-400: Added last 20th livery name, added new liveries – initial check-in
* Racer + BMW M3 GT4: Fixed LED colours on cockpit display
* Pagani Zonda Cinque: Fixed runtime/srcdata files, added placeholder liveries (not yet in-game)
* Azure Coast: Updates for statics and instance scenes according to other trunk, new static items
* Northampton: Fixed errant cut tracks in various places around the track.
– Can’t select liveries using the mouse as it will make you leave the car menu, for now use the keyboard keys
Build 627 (13/12/13, Team Member+) – 74.2 MB
* Fix for WiiU unity file.
* Adds chunking to draw list execute. Allows splitting of render lists. Also adds support for a couple of access functions for render modes. (All platforms.)
* DX11MT: Fix for bad environment map setting in MT.
* DX11: Fix for deferred context constant shadowing issues
* Championships can now contain multiple Rounds, each containing multiple Sessions, so the various Career types can be defined properly.
* Championship and RaceCalendar updated to handle rounds (scoring only works within the same round for now), with UI code fixed where necessary to get at the data in the new format. Career data files updated.
* Allowing copied menus to select the default option for gamepads, specifically adressing the Aries bug where the options dialog had no default option selected.
* Defaulting ‘Tyre Force’ to 100% for all controllers
* Static instances of 3dpalms and 3dpinesV2 added
* Added basic simulation of air drag applied to dynamic objects.
* BMW Z4 GT3: Fixed inadvertant asymmetry in default setup
* FG1000: Suspension animations added
* Pagani Huayra: Added ambient shadow render source, removed the BGUI file causing the CTD with this car
* Formula C: Fixed RCF typos, added missing runtime files, added placeholder liveries + custom livery support
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X: Minor typo fix
* Pagani Zonda Cinque: Placeholder runtime files. Initial check in for Jan. (not yet in-game)
* Sauber C9: Added runtime/srcdata files, ambient shadow and placeholder liveries (not yet in-game)
* Mercedes 300SEL: Cockpit DDS file, steering wheel DDS file, added placeholder collision export,added ambient shadow source. Initial check in. (not yet in-game)
* Ford Sierra Cosworth: Added runtime/srcdata files, ambient shadow and placeholder liveries (not yet in-game)
* Brands Hatch: Texturemap switch from base to autumn look (not yet in-game)
* Azure Coast: Improved pinewalls texturemap, updated light around new marina, updated static around new marina, updated instance around new marina, update effect around new marina, updated crowds around the new marina
Build 626 (12/12/13, Team Member+) – 22.4 MB
* Hooking up the HUD layout manager to tweakit
* Grid Positions applink fixed. Save button is now on B (will become standard across all Options pages as they are updated)
* Ensured the track regions were all set appropriately for AndyT
* WiiU enable RVM on a thread (works without bugs now with the last fix)
* WiiU – Shader param internal cache optimisation, unused param setting optimisation. Fix for Global Texture Ptr internal params thread binding
* Tires: Second revision of flexi GT tires. Setup changes to some cars to suit.
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X: Minor livery name change, minor logo change, added 19 liveries names, added new rims – initial check
* Mercedes 300SEL AMG: Added runtime/srcdata files, ambient shadow and placeholder liveries
– Trying to play with the Pagani Huayra leads to CTD
Project CARS is a game developed by Slightly Mad Studio (creator of Shift series and GTR). Based on realistic physics and outstanding graphics.
As this project is on the initial stage of development, all seen footage is pre-alpha.
This project is currently funded by SMS under World Mass Development. WMD is a platform that let the community join the project as investors and tester.
|Official Webpage – http://www.wmdportal.com