The Project CARS community has been as busy creating another set of awesome in-game screenshots. In this set you can admire 64 screenshots of various cars. The gallery also includes a first look at the Lotus 72D Formula One car. The Lotus 72D was a Formula One car designed by Colin Chapman and Maurice Philippe of Lotus for the 1972 Formula One season.
As usual, all shots show purely in-game footage that has not been made in any special photo mode, using no post-processing or filters that aren’t available during the actual gameplay.
Build 645 (21/01/14, Team Member+) – 495.7 MB
* XB1 Compilation fixes for IRM
* Updated missing “Todays Date” applink on the Calendar screen as it was piggybacking from the Dashboard applink and so not getting updated when coming back from a career race
* Updated reset on complete to true
* Updated calendar placement so all test events are in June
* Initial Light scattering code. This is using brute force ray marching and is setup at max levels. To see use -testlightscattering in the commandline.
* Fixing Pit Engineer nonsensical sayings
* Tires: r4/r5 FC, r4 FA, temp lock, graining, sidewall loading
* Azure Coast (Full,Full Rev,Stage1): Added latest s1 stuff, added latest stuff from Andrew/Kate/Karl, fixed mapping,ch2, on kerbs/pave, stage1, fixed some bad stuff found here and there, deleted bad low quality bg building, added new ones, fixed sone mat settings/textures, updated sel sets
* Oulton Park: Added textures for spectator hut (NOT YET IN-GAME)
* Eifelwald (all): Removed GP stuff unseen from the track, replaced overbright tents, tweaked night setup, fixed mapping & flickering issues
* Formula C: Added damage, new interior textures
* Ginetta G55 GT3: Prepared new export with textures, updated collision meshes, bugfixing, chassis + cockpit fully textured
* Formula Gulf FG1000: Added damage modifiers
– Dubai Kartdrome: Car wont move in FP, it will crash in TT
Build 644 (20/01/14, Team Member+) – 482.6 MB
* Stretched reflections: Implementation, app-side initialization
* Fixed issues with dynamic objects not rendering their shadows
* More updates for constant buffers.
* Fix for newly introduced initial boot-up resolution bug (graphics config)
* McLaren MP4-12C GT3: Finished aero model, improved suspension model stability
* Vehicles: Set up default tire compound for wet and dry. Applied asymmetric brake fade tech to a few example cars.
* Brake torque fix
* Ginetta G55 GT3: Added windscreen reflections dds texture, wheels dds texture, misc dds texture, lights dds texture, brakedisc dds texture, badges dds texture – new texture, chassis + cockpit fully textured, bugfixing
* Formula C: Interior DDS texture. All new texture. Initial check in.
* LMP RWD P30: Removed yellow stripes from tires
* Ford GT40 MkIV: ConfigAnim initial checkin, Body damage deformations. Full AO set up. CPIT animations. Wiper animation, mask/ rain setup, wiper mask texture file initial checkin.
* Ford Capri Group5: Fixed missaligned body mesh and added CPIT deformations
* Formula Gulf: Added damage modifiers
* Dubai Kartdrome: Added latest assets, fix some emmisive map for buildings, added new missing building, added new missing distant buildings
* Azure Coast (Full,Full Rev,Stage1): Works around s1 village, added new carpark with walls/gate, reworked roads/added a new sec road, reworked terrain, fixed grass csm/csm/csm barriers, deleted all old stuff, updated armcos/woodarmco and poles, works around the finish area, new road loft, new terrain, new trackedges+whitelines, new woodarmco+poles, created new depot, walls+wirefences+poles, new gates,2types, new small retwalls, moved finish gate/line, moved finish trg, new csm/csmgrass/csmwalls, deleted old stuff, moved some old stuff in the right position like powerpoles+wires, huts, new longgrass/slopegrass hrdf, merged in and fixed latest works from other guys, updated sel sets for stage1 and full/full rev tested
* Loire National: Smoothed virage garage vert to remove bumps
* Eifelwald (Full,Stage1): Tweaked night setup, fixed mapping & flickering issues
– Dubai Kartdrome: Car wont move in FP, it will crash in TT
Build 643 (17/01/14, Team Member+) – 216.8 MB
* Xbox One: Basic package build batch file with mapping.
* Xbox One: Fix for XB1 hang on Car select screen.
* Adding authentication notification handling on Xbox One and a login flow at start-up. The login flow is disabled by default under a compiler switch for now.
* Updated first batch of shaders to split constants up for more efficient buffer usage.
* Support for switching between SSAO and HBAO via the F1 debug menu
* Changing dx11 check code in the graphics config data loading to work by testing the renderers API name.. Doing this as an extra test just encase the graphics config manager is not setup before trying to load data.
* Using a more robust checks DX11 and DX9 usage on PC.
* Fix vehicle audio phase sometimes released before player is loaded resulting in missing audio.
* Cancel pending leaderboard jobs triggered from career menus before loading into a race. Fixes crashes when starting a race too quickly after entering Career or after switching vehicles.
* Re-factoring the AI Driver class
* Fix practice car being stuck
* Fix practice car being stuck ( restart bug )
* Fix for Pit Stops being broken after a game reset
* Moving the multiplayer lobby to in-game (currently development only – this is a step that brings us closer to the full in game lobby – the large task needs to be staged).
* Fix for API test crashing in graphics config.
* Moved hud hrdf to common area avoiding future conflicts
* Formula C placeholder icon
* Career Championships: Formula C British Series – pre-alpha
* Added strings for championships
* Added Formula C British Series
* Brake torque fade range (data and code combined) Allows better control over how brakes fade with temperature
* Ford Capri Group5: Added damage and updated AO, added cockpit animations, added cockpit animations
* Ford Focus RS: Misc mapping and mesh polish done to the LODA interior
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Added Cockpit animations including wipers, initial checkin.
* McLaren MP4-12C: Changed bumper side lights to white
* Lotus 72: Prepared for 1st export, added runtime/srcdata files, ambient shadow and placeholder liveries
* Snetterton: New texture maps, first commit (NOT YET IN-GAME)
* Brands Hatch: Removed xmas dressing from Brands
* Dynamic Haybale added
* Derby Park: Fixed hole near the barriers on the left of Melbourne Hairpin that lead into the void.
* Dubai: Polished windows for distant building + spec map
-Ford Capri: Exhaust is misaligned
-Pitboxing with the MP4-12C leads to a crash
-HBAO is still pretty much wip, theres some visual issues (strange auras around cars)
-Dubai Kartdrome in free practice the car wont start/move.
Build 642 (16/01/14, Team Member+) – 272.8 MB
* Set Xbox One SCID in appxmanifest file to the one received from Microsoft
* Fix PS4 gamepad mapping options button to both start and select causing conflict in menus
* PS4 affinity updates
* PS4 Intial scripts pak file
* Fixing the controller options access from the main menu for PS4
* Added CDX11HBAO.cpp in for x64 configs
* Brake wear now simulates metal on metal contact. Torque falls to a percentage of max torque defined in lfBrakeMetalOnMetalTorque = 0.3
* New improved dynamic haybale
* Lotus 78: More tweaks to the rain tire. This time more load sensitivity in the tread to help simulate the softer blocks of the soft rain tire, Added still some heat too. Goal is less effectivness in the dry
* Loire/Loire National: Updated track layout of Bugatti circuit, further detailed terrain, began mapping and texturing outer terrain
* Dubai Kartdrome: Add emm map for big stand and add lights for small huts around the track
* Dubai: Add emm map for big stand interiors and marshal huts
* Derby GP, Derby National: New pit lane paths to match the changed pit lane geometry. Fixes the way points off track error
* Mercedes 300SEL: UV mapping + custom livery support
Build 641 (15/01/14, Team Member+) – 185.9 MB
* Remove replacement random inputs capped to first four options.
* DX11: Renderer support for HBAO implemented (NOT AVAILABLE YET)
* Fix for HBAO breaking x64 build.
* Track Maps: Emirates kartdrome track maps added
* Fixed -javamp still creating sessions on Steam.
* Drivers: Re-exported opponents selection set, and updated F1/GT RCF. Put real pilots as first variations for now
* Drivers: Re-exported F1 materials for Oli and Nic
* Drivers: Updated F1 drivers materials (Oli Webb and Nic Hamilton) + RCF
* All new BMW M3 GT2 incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version.
* Includes other vehicle events such as transmission, gears, backfires, distant roll-offs and trajectory.
* GT tires: Reduced grip one step, new heating model and various little carcass tweaks
* BMW M3 GT4: Minor tweaks and changes to the physics as part of finalization process
* BMW Z4 GT3: Minor tweaks and changes to the physics as part of finalization process
* Dubai Kartdrome: Added latest assets – fix terrain around bb buildings – fix small building on the pit – add simple interiors for bb building and small buildings
Build 640 (14/01/14, Team Member+) – 539.4 MB
* Career events can now only be entered if the player has a valid vehicle (“Enter” button will be disabled if they don’t). “Select Car” menu option can be used to change car if it’s invalid.
* Career Options dialog can be changed from events screen
* Added placeholder CarSelect menuOption that can be launched from Career event info, to change car when the current career one is invalid
* Get Sessions from subsequent Rounds loading in sequence (if flag is set), so Career Rounds and Sessions can be played right through
* Fixed global user id not containing the Steam user id component. This fixes local user leaderboard queries (personal bests).
* Cancel pending leaderboard jobs triggered from menus before loading into a race. Fixes crashes when starting a race too quickly after entering Free Practice/TT menus or switching vehicles.
* Driver: Oliwebb textures added and materials added to RCF
* Drivers: Fixed wrong entry in GT oponents. Added F1 Nicolas Hamilton and Oli Webb entries
* AI Pit strategy logic: Added PitToRepair calculations for all repairable systems for AI with base values, added brake wear systems for AI, added fixing of wheels and brakes for AI systems, added PitStrategy::ApplyAIStrategy to apply the AI’s chosen strategy to pit systems, added logging for AI pit decision making, ensure AI cars go to pit position regardless of AI control in pits flag
* Additional code updates for tyre compound changes
* Lotus 78: More rain tire tweaks, fixed rain tire not having any channel width, which essentially made it a slick. Also added a bit more heat.
* Tyre compound updates: Updated AI tyre choice based on conditions to use tyre type, added debug rendering for tyre choices, removed front and rear tyre compound defaults and use, added Dry and Wet default tyres to be used in a future update
* Wait dialog now blocks input during vehicle physics loading. This stops the user from submitting button clicks that end up being ignored during the physics load time.
* Pagani Huayra: Added new liveries setups + names, added new black/red stripe rims color, added yellow calipers color variation
* Milan GP: New tyrestacks textures, textures overhaul, materials overhaul, roads, kerbs, armco, gravel, grass. CSM updated, added 3D tyrestacks.
* Milan Short: Materials overhaul, roads, kerbs, armco, gravel, grass. CSM updated, added 3D tyrestacks
* Snetterton: New texture map, startlight emmissive for snetterton added (NOT YET IN-GAME)
* Dubai Kartdrome: Logo added, new export after complete polish pass , new CSM , working start lights etc.., added all new textures required by the track polish pass, some existing textures updated also, added new files for camera boxes and audio reverb , updated instance, static and dynamic placement, fixed dodgy spotlight shadow
* Dubai (all variants): Added alpha channel for glass, added new textures for simple pit interior, added new emm texture for bb building
* General: adding tracklights xmls for tracks which do not have them yet.. some still need sceneside support
Build 639 (13/01/14, Team Member+) – 184.9 MB
* Added discipline value to the career event display (with new localised text)
* Added HRDF for localised career session names, and updated career data files. Fixed various displays on the calendar and dashboard screens, to handle localisation and add optional roundNum stringtokens and proper round numbering.
* New TEXTDB for Career strings. Added text for existing championships and session types
* Character Shader: Setting diffuseReductionStrength to 1.0f in runtime shader – correcting lighting error with fresnel=1
* Turn indicator logic improvements
* Azure Coast (Stage1): Reworked terrain/coast, deleted the peninsula, added new beach/fixed seabed and water mesh, added new sec road+path/ added overlays along them, added building complex, added walls/gates around it, fixed powerpoles+wires, fixed csm grass, fixed/updated Vt static/inst/crowds/dyn/light sgx, added latest from Kate/Andrew/Richard/Karl
* Oulton Park GP: Added startlights functionality and triggers added, start ligth textures for Oulton Park, tracklight functionality added, add new textures for small spectator stand (NOT YET IN-GAME)
* Eifelwald GP (all variants): Fixed road mapping on left side in latest corner and fixed popping mesh in area veffore start finish lane
Build 638 (10/01/14, Team Member+) – 66.8 MB
* PS4 updates for ‘begin’ on shaders, to allow for constant buffer monitoring.
* Fixed issues with multiple constant buffers being bound.
* Removed a large data cache stall in SetInternalParams.
* Set Xbox One TitleID and SCID in appxmanifest file. Note that the SCID is a temp value currently.
* Fixing PS4 compile error – missing switch case
* Added AI Lap time generation
* Drivers: Oli webb initial exports and textures
* Added Oli Web materials
* Ariel Atom V8: New engine torque curve, ride height & bump stops, other handling finalizations.
* Made Evon CR500-Flexi the default tire for Atoms and the R500
* Brands Hatch: Texturemap tweak to fix the pitwall-fence shadow
* Snetterton: New texture maps, 1st commit (NOT IN-GAME, YET)
Project CARS is a game developed by Slightly Mad Studio (creator of Shift series and GTR). Based on realistic physics and outstanding graphics. As this project is on the initial stage of development, all seen footage is pre-alpha.
This project is currently funded by SMS under World Mass Development. WMD is a platform that let the community join the project as investors and tester.
|Official Webpage – http://www.wmdportal.com