A new weekly build of Slightly Mad Studios’ WMD-powered Project CARS title is out.
Build 226 for all members to enjoy.
Build 226 (1/6/12, Junior Member+)
Fix for ps3 compiles
Fix for the broken track select navigation. SetMenuAutoScroll and SetMenuScrollOnlyOnClip needed set for the location and map screen menus
Code fix for menu data flag issues in car setup screens (similar to track select fixes)
– Ghosts will be recorded (and potentially saved and uploaded) in all game modes, to mirror the behavior of stat uploads
– Lap Data Header chunk contains information about bit precision used for the data stored in the Lap Data Stream chunk. This makes the compressor more extensible for the future and increases backward and forward compatibility of the data format
– Reordered fields in the Lap Data Header chunk.
– Ghost player sets up participant for the ghost that is supposed to be replayed in the race
– Ghost participant is set up with the correct upgrade specification (fixed a bug where physics and render specifications were mixed up).
Belgian Forest – update trees and crowds for new inner terrain
Additional Track Photos submitted by the WMD community
Stockcar90: fixed missing CGP file for Oval version
Stockcar90: checked/fixed LODs
Update to cloud loading and new changes for shader so it pivots from the pivot center
Belgian Forest – add missing textures
New Stockcar export
Known Issues: Track select screen has some issues with scrolling.
Build 224 (30/5/12, Senior Manager)
Changed attribute parsing to skip over unknown attributes
– Error information from CSAPI is kept in the storage manager job structure so that it can be examined later
– Added an assert that guards from using uninitialized server URLs before they are known
– Ghost cache entries have a reference to the cache
– Implemented ghost data server upload and download
– Added development-only code to set up ghost testing
– Added a handy shortcut function to calculate CRC32 of any ghost data, even if it’s not in the CompressedLap data structures (which allows to perform full sanity checks before the full data structures are allocated)
– Added an extra print debug level to separate reasoning information and detailed information about jobs
– Implemented pruning of compressed and uncompressed ghost data from memory cache when the data is no longer needed
– Added interface for locking uncompressed ghost data in memory. This will instruct the ghost cache not to prune the data when it’s locked, because someone outside the cache will need access to it in the future
New GUMPERT Apollo export
Build 223 (29/5/12, Manager+)
Game manager now checks that the server reported all session members before finalizing session create or join
– CSAPI will not append certain automatic parameters to the requests if the requests override the automatic handling
– Stat manager will properly pass user id through all layers of API and callbacks
– Implemented support for changing ghost magic for ghosts in memory or the disk cache, if the ghost magic hasn’t been set yet
– When upload is requested by the server, the ghost cache will set the ghost magic to the value sent by the server
– Implemented background compression and decompression of ghost data in ghost background thread
– Implemented support for compression and decompresison tasks in the ghost cache
– Save and load tasks will gracefully fail if their prerequisities are not fulfilled, instead of asserting. This is especially important in case of compression or download failure preceding a save
Fixed ps3/360 compiler error
Track photos asynchronous folder for Track Select screen
Placeholder images updated for TrackPhotos
Harrison Pike initial version of viewer spotlights
Memphis textures initial versions
New Memphis export
Build 222 (28/5/12, Senior Manager)
mplemented handling of all game session-related notifications from the server: user joined session, session member updated, session member left, session attribute changed, session state changed
Special handling of user and attribute updates while joining/creating session
Added logging of various networking/data issues to game manager
Updated adjustment of contact constraint orientation (preventing vehicle scooping) to correctly handle the case where constraint primary axis is perpendicular to vehicle’s XZ plane
Fixed helmet cam audio so it doesn’t remain on during replays or when switching to an AI car. Bug reported on WMD forum
Added on-demand reload of FFB tweaker file to F1 menu (Input/Load/Reload FFB Tweaks). Rename F1 menu option "FFB Grip Multi" to "FFB Grip Multi (Legacy)"
– Added explicit initialization and cleanup calls for the object encapsulating the ghost background thread
– Implemented task queues (pending and finished) for the ghost background thread
– Ghost background thread is started on demand and stopped when it’s idle for some time
– Compressor and decompressor have now a better interface for returning and/or releasing ownership of the output buffers
– Moved Entry class out of the Cache class, so that forward declaration can be used
– Moved the Cache and CacheEntry routines to more appropriate source files
– Implemented a skeleton of ghost background thread that will perform lengthy tasks like compression or decompression in the background
– Cache entries now have a list of tasks they’re queued for and information about task that is in progress
– Added job queue for the ghost cache
– Deleting cache entries locked in memory will only queue them for deletion, instead of deleting them immediately.
– Ghost cache will now process certain tasks on ghost entries: load/save is implemented, upload/download and compress/decompress will be implemented later. The cache will either perform the tasks on its own, or will offload them to the background thread, as appropriate
– Added API to initiate ghost download. The cache will decide from where the ghost should be retrieved
– Cache search functions will ignore ghosts queued for deletion
Latest Loire HUD maps tweaked.
Delaware: New AIW. Added raceline, pitlane path, corridors edited to usable track width surface
Harrison Pike. removed trees intersecting with tribunes
Harrison Pike Raceway – add new textures for curved wires
Adding Autograss to the Harrison pike track
Forced rolling start and limited participant to 42 on Delaware
Memphis, Henrico, Delaware logos added to splash screen
BAC MONO: Livery colour updates
WTC overcast fog fix
Latest Belgian circuit HUD map added
Added co-ord’s for : Belgian/Memphis/Harrison_Pike_Raceway maps
bsimracing originated out of a long term passion for Motorsports and Virtual racing. After having managed a few leagues, i decided to start a website that covered news and interesting topics within the Sim Racing scene.
While it started out as a little and modest project, bsimracing.com has grown into an up to date community recourse website and receives a substantial amount of visitors on a daily basis.
Do you want to share a story that’s perfect for bsimracing? Did you find or created a fabulous video or Sim Racing related screenshot. Or even if you want to write a full blown article you want to see published.
If so, let us know. We cant guaranty that every submission will be published, but when on topic, we will certainly try our best to get your story out there.
If you wish to receive credit for your contribution, please include your name/nickname and/or web site URL, if applicable.