Many sim racers might already be familiar with the Polish Motion Systems brand. Since 2009, the Motion Systems company designs, develops, builds, and assembles a variety of modular, durable, and high-performing motion technology solutions for the professional market.
Back in May 2021, Motion Systems introduced the Qubic System sub-brand aiming to bring the experience and product quality of the Motion Systems company to the demanding sim racing enthusiast.
Qubic System introduced a selection of Motion Platforms, Motion Cockpits, and high-end Sim Racing accessories, ranging from the Qubic System QS-220-PL Actuator Kit to the Full 6 DOF Qubic System QS-S25 Motion cockpit.
Now, Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage takes a dual Qubic System QS-220-PL motion kit through the rigorous SRG review process.
- Intro: 0:00
- Closer look: 0:46
- Controller Box Closer look: 19:04
- Controller Box Look Inside: 24:43
- Mounting: 29:44
- Cabling System: 39:51
- Qubic Manager Tuning App: 41:55
- Live Tuning Session: 1:01:23
- Driving: 1:15:09
- Final Thoughts: 1:24:29
Qubic System QS-220-PL
The Qubic System QS-220-PL motion system features Innovative technology, modular and compact design, as well as an extremely quiet operation, making the QS-220-PL a perfect motion base for various types of cockpits, not only for professional applications but also for the home user. Additional sets of QS-220-PL can be configured as a 4 and 6 actuated system to provide 3 / 4 / 6DOF using dedicated cockpits from the Qubic System product line.
The QubicManager powered by Motion Systems is a professional and specialized software suite for the motion platform and is click-and-play compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC and is constantly updated to support new applications as they are released.
The software gives users the possibilities of motion adjustment, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic, or easy and fast usage of predefined profiles. Over 80 integrated and supported racing and flight games.
For more info or purchase, check out your local Qubic System distributor.
QS-220-PL SET HIGHLIGHTS
- Maximum velocity: 800 mm/s
- Maximum acceleration: 0.8 G
- Actuator stroke: 100 mm
- Latency: <8 ms
- Maximum control frequency: 1000 Hz
- Vibration frequency range: 0-100 Hz
QS-220-PL SET KEY FEATURES
- Proudly made in EU: Engineered, Designed, and Manufactured in Poland
- Super silent – extremely quiet operation
- Used by professional race car drivers and pilots around the world
- Top-quality ecosystem for personal and commercial applications
- Supported by dedicated software QubicManager: motion adjustment, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic or easy and fast use of predefined profiles
- VR HeadWay technology support (VR sickness compensation)
- Over 80+ integrated and supported racing and flight games
- Compatible with professional simulation applications – Motion SDK (FSMI or FSDI) for software developers
GENERAL SPECIFICATION OF QS-220-PL SET
- Architecture: 2 / 3 / 4 / 6 DOF (depending on user configuration and number of modules)
- Actuator stroke: 100 mm | 3.93 in
- Maximum velocity:
- ◦ Q-Mode (230V): 800 mm/s
- ◦ Performance Mode (115V/230V): 400 mm/s
- ◦ Heavy Duty Mode (115/230V): 300 mm/s
- Maximum acceleration:
- ◦ Q-Mode (230V): 0.8G*
- ◦ Performance Mode (115V/230V): 0.7G*
- ◦ Heavy Duty Mode (115/230V): 0.4G*
- *value of acceleration is limited for safety reasons
- Recommended payload in 3DOF (2x QS-220-PL) configuration:
- ◦ Q-Mode: 200 kg
- ◦ Performance Mode: 250 kg
- ◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 350 kg
Vibrations frequency range: 0-100 Hz
Maximum control frequency: 1000 Hz
Latency: <8 ms
Product weight: 30 kg | 66 lb
- Total length: QS-L1: 90 mm | 3.55 in, QS-SB2: 385 mm | 15.16 in
- Total width: QS-L1: 90 mm | 3.55 in, QS-SB2: 300 mm | 11.81 in
- Total height: QS-L1: 553-653 mm | 22-26 in, QS-SB2: 88 mm | 3.46 in
- Cable length (QS-L1 actuator – QS-SB2 Power cabinet): 1150 mm | 45.2 in
- Power supply requirements: 115/230 VAC Single Phase
- Average power consumption in 3DOF configuration:
- ◦ Q-Mode: 260W (230V)
- ◦ Performance Mode: 280W (230V), 270W (115V)
- ◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 436W (230V), 462W (115V)
Peak current for breaker specification in 3DOF configuration:
- ◦ Q-Mode: 5.17A (230V)
- ◦ Performance Mode: 4.55A (230V), 7.35A (115V)
- ◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 5.88A (230V), 9.89A (115V)
The QS-220-PL Intro Set consisting of two actuators, a power cabinet, and motion controller (QS-MC6) is the perfect solution for all drivers who start their adventure with sim racing and want to come into the virtual world of competition or need a 2DOF as a first motion platform. Undoubtedly, one of the greatest advantages of the Qubic System brand is the ability to seamlessly expand the motion system with an additional actuators kit, quickly and easily creating extraordinary and original motion cockpits in a 3DOF configuration or even 6DOF with additional specially designed accessories.
€3,700.00 + Shipping
(tax and duty, not incl.)
QS-220-PL Extended Set consists of four actuators, two power cabinets, and one motion controller. The 3DOF configuration is dedicated to all racers who expect the most realistic and precise simulation. Incredible levels of vehicle feedback allow the driver to feel exactly what the vehicle is doing in real time. During the competition, drivers can feel every possible detail noticeable in a real race (including motor vibrations, road surface, bumps, shunting effects, etc.) Due to the 3DOF set, you can feel like a real racing session directly from your home.
€7,250.00 + Shipping
(tax and duty, not incl.)
Upgrade from 2DOF-3DOF
QS-220-PL is designed with upgradability in mind – it is possible to expand your Intro set with another 2 actuators and the power cabinet later. For building your extraordinary motion rig you don’t need an extra PC connector, just connect power cabinets directly to each other. Expand your motion from 2DOF to 3DOF configuration. Additional heave axis delivers oversteer and understeer sensation and gives you more realistic and precise driving experiences.
€3,550.00 + Shipping
(tax and duty, not incl.)
Official Webpages – qubicsystem.com