R-Racing RS5 Wheel Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the RS5 Custom GT and Open wheel car wheel rim by R-Racing.
The RS5 wheel is a 305mm diameter GT/Prototype wheel rim build up around a 4mm carbon fiber wheel plate, which is equipped with 10 APEM push buttons and 2 CTS rotary encoders.
On the electronics side of things, the RS5 wheel uses a custom circuit board combined with the well-known Leo Bodnar USB conversion board.
On the back of the wheel we find a set of magnetic shifter switches, operated by 4mm thick carbon fiber paddles. The back of the rim, and the used electronics, are covered by a 3D printed housing.
The grips of the wheel rim are wrapped using an Alcantara-like material, but can also be ordered featuring a suede leather finish.
The R-Racing RS5 wheel rim can be ordered via the official R-Racing website for $519.99 + Shipping.
- 305mm Diameter
- 70mm Bolt Pattern
- 4mm Carbon Fiber Front Plate
- 3D Printed Rear Enclosure
- 3D Printed Rotary Encoder Knobs
- R Racing Anodized Aluminum with IP67 switches rated up to one million cycles
- 4mm Carbon Fiber Paddles
- 70A Shore Polyurethane Rubber Grips
- Wrapped with synthetic suede, similar to Alcantara
- Leo Bodnar Controller Board
- Genuine Apem Push Buttons
- Genuine CTS Rotary Encoders
- Detachable 3m(10ft) Coiled USB Cable(4 Pin DIN Connector) with ferrite bead
- Weight: 825g
- Includes 3 M5 bolts and locknuts
- Stickers can be customized to your liking