RaceRoom – Physics Test & interview with Kelvin van der Linde
Sector3 Studios have been working on a big physics update for RaceRoom Racing Experience. Currently, the new physics are undergoing heavy beta testing.
While developing the new physics, Sector3’s physics developers Karsten Borchers and Marko Hartikainen are working with an extensive beta test team, and a selection of real world racing drivers such as 2014 ADAC GT-Masters Champion Kelvin van der Linde. (kelvinvanderlinde.com)
South African Kelvin van der Linde competed in Karts, Volkswagen Polo Cup, Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup, and the German ADAC GT Masters where he became the youngest ever ADAC GT Masters Champion at age 18 driving an Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
With the help and feedback supplied by Kelvin and the beta team, the developers team decided to start the new physics sets from scratch. During the two-hour video, producer Jean-François Chardon and Georg Ortner (6e66o) join a RaceRoom Beta test race while talking to Kelvin van der Linde and the dev team about the development of the new physics, and also discuss a selection of topics revealing some of the upcoming features for R3E.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:35 How Kelvin got involved
- 3:25 What has changed?
- 14:02 Home- vs High Tech Simulators17:1
- 2 Using RaceRoom as a practicing tool20:10
- Difference between Tracks driving Aids
- 23:50 ADAC GT Masters Experience 2015 Target Release Date
- 26:11 GT Masters Virtual Championship
- 29:03 Balance of Performance
- 33:10 Tire wear
- 42:20 Differences between real driving and simracing44:4
- 5 What is Kelvin´s favorite race track?
- 46:42 Hardware & FFB
- 50:06 Race Start
- 50:20 Tire wear in ADAC GT Masters
- 53:00 Car Setups
- 56:55 Lack of g-forces & motion simulators1:0
- 0:35 future ambitions in racing
- 1:04:27 Influence of framerate on physics and ffb
- 1:06:24 DTM Physics
- 1:08:20 GTR3 Class Updates
- 1:09:00 What race track would Kelvin like to race in RaceRoom?
- 1:20:00 Casual Racing with Kelvin
RaceRoom Racing Experience (R3E) is the worldwide leading free-to-play Motorsport simulations for PC and is your point of access to international race series like ADAC GT Masters, DTM and WTCC as well as legendary race cars and world renowned race tracks.
A selection of free content is available to you in single- and multi-player modes. Online events provide you the opportunity to experience also premium game content for free. Optional game content like race cars, car liveries and tracks you can purchase anytime individually or in content packages with the in-game currency “virtual Race Points (vRP).”
|Official Webpage – game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com|