rFactor 2 -Big Zandvoort Update Deployed
In celebration of the return of a Formula 1 Grand Prix to the Dutch Zandvoort circuit in 2020, Studio 397 has released an extensive update of their Zandvoort track for the rFactor 2 simulation, bringing the virtual circuit to 2019 spec. Check out the changelog below for more details.
Circuit Park Zandvoort is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of the town of Zandvoort, in the Netherlands, near the North Sea coastline. The track was first used on August 7, 1948, and hosted the first Dutch Grand Prix. The first real Formula One race counting for the World Championship was held in 1955. The last Dutch Formula 1 Grand Prix was raced in 1985 and won by Niki Lauda.
In recent years, Circuit Park Zandvoort hosted a vast amount of national and international race series such as the German DTM, FIA European Formula 3 Championship, Blancpain Sprint Series, and ADAC GT Masters. In 2017 the track was renamed from Circuit Park Zandvoort to Circuit Zandvoort.
With the popularity of Red Bull driver Max Verstappen, Dutch racing fans were hoping once more for the return of F1 to the Netherlands. That dream has now become a reality as the Dutch Formula One venue is recently confirmed as part of the 2020 Grand Prix season calendar.
version 1.02 Changelog:
- The track is updated to 2019 configuration,
- Tweaked asphalt texture & shaders, structure more visible, less blurry in the distance.
- Pitlane Coloured striping on less blurry when far away.
- Tweaked offroad dust and tire smoke coming from the car, should look more natural, bit less pixelated.
- Collision outer wall altered slightly so you can drive around the full support sand road, but only can enter the track from the pitlane.
- Smoothed braking zone (washboard effect) before Tarzan corner.
- Reworked grass/dirt/curbstone masking, for better of connection of different textures.
- Added 2nd skidmark layer for a more lively road appearance.
- Tweaked skidmark spec and normals, rubber shines more than the track at low light angles.
- Many (too) white objects lowered the tone a bit, so less overexposure at low sun positions.
- Many objects tone changed slightly for better appearance.
- Tirewall texturing redone.
- Start-finish bridge, better bump/spec maps, added cube shader.
- RedBull-arch at pitlane entry, 3d model redone, better texture and normal/spec maps.
- Race control-tower texturing added better bump/spec maps.
- Pitlane building texture and shader upgrades, fixed to bright reflections of cubemaps in windows.
- Crowds added a lot more and different amounts for all track states and layouts.
- Added pit entrance/exit/keep out signs.
- Changed max pit speed to 60km.
- Paddock and infield have more diverse objects and better positioned.
- Added rF2 flags last part of main straight.
- Added new Paddock Club building at inside Tarzan corner.
- Tarzan exit ribbed-curb now real 3D, texturing upgraded.
- Trackside banners better bump/spec maps, added cube shader.
- Added buildings, a whole town of Zandvoort and the Centerparks bungalow park for more accurate horizon view (low poly don’t worry).
- Reworked trees and treelines at horizon.
- Bigblue crane now only shows up in qualy-race, less bright reflections in window.
- Bricks next to curbsstones have better mappings and normalmap shaders.
- Clubhouse at Scheivlak fixed too bright cubemap, added normalmap shaders.
- Paddock buildings, added cubemap and normalmap shaders.
- Restaurant fixed too bright cubemap, added normalmap shaders.
- Tunnel under the mainstraight added banner above.
- Concrete plates above tunnel on straight new texture and shaders.
- Toilets, added normalmap shaders fixed to bright cubemap on windows.
- New disabled people stand next to main grandstand.
- Removable guardrail (splits the layouts) better textured.
- Radar tower now at correct position.Optimized objects and lod’s for better performance.
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com