rFactor 2 – Build 1117 Update – New UI Improvements Deployed
Studio 397 deployed the Build 1117 update for their rFactor 2 racing simulation, which introduces a new public Beta version of the User Interface, including new car class icons, an improved content download dialog and a host of additions and fixes.
The rFactyor 2 development team hopes to be able to deploy two UI updates per month to further enhance the experience of the rF2 User Interface.
Steam Build IDs:
- New UI: public_beta: Steam Build ID 4648512
- Opt-out (old UI)
- client: 4648479
- dedi: 4648482
- ‘Favorite servers’ will only update when manually refreshed.
- Added tyre wear, temperatures and hot pressures to the garage page, so you can see those after you get out of your car.
- Added practice, qualification and race progress in the event screen.
- Added brake wear to garage page, so after you get out of your car, you can see how much your brakes have worn.
- Added plugin management tab to options, allowing you to enable and disable installed plugins. This still requires a restart after making changes.
- Added class color-coded icons and class names to event standings if such an event has more than a single class.
- Added a replay ‘seeker’ that is now drag-able so you can immediately see where you are in the replay.
- Added confirmation dialog when deleting a setup
- When you select a car, track or series, you will now return to where you came from, instead of going back to start page or in some cases the race page.
- Fixed the missing package download and install process when joining a server.
- Fixed the missing blinking cursor in text fields.
- Fixed that you could always start driving again in sessions, even after for example being classified as DNF in a race. Now correctly disables the button when needed.
- Removed certain display settings that shouldn’t be available when in a session.
- Key assignments now show the key modifiers, such as ALT and CTRL.
- When clicking a folder in save setup, the setup name is no longer lost and goes blank.
- Server text commands do now work when pressing ‘return’.
- Fixed the intermittent pace car loading error on track load
- Removed additional pace cars “Clio Cup” and “Pace Car With Lights” from base install.
- In VR, fixed a glitchy loading screen in the headset in both the old and new UI.
- In VR, fixed a flashing desktop mirror while the track loads in both the old and new UI.
- Updated openVR libraries.
- Fixed the lag when other clients joined a server.
- Fixed AI limit of 19 when adding them in single-player using ‘session controls’.
- Removed old UI images that would appear sporadically.
- The showroom does not go full screen when pressing ‘return’.
- After content install in VR rFactor 2 does not restart. A workaround, for now, is to restart manually.
- There is still a black band on the bottom half of the track loading screen.
- Some are seeing some micro stutters in the new UI, more prominent in VR, we are aware and working on a fix.
- Unrelated to UI, but we are also aware of the erratic throttle behavior of the AI cars, and we are looking into that.
Work in Progress
- Add skin download progress bar while on a server that allows custom skin transfers.
- Config tool sporadically fails to launch up after clicking PLAY for setting graphics resolution, VR or post effect levels.
- Team creation in the showroom is missing.
- Material editing in the showroom is missing.
- Forced setup and/or upgrades.
- Car (re)selection when on a server.
- Resume from replay.
- Sporadic ‘white screen’ on server exit.
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com