This build is released on the auto updater.
Make sure you are logged into the launcher, and then go to the update tab. Or, you can update/full install manually as you have for previous updates.
The links to the update file are in the downloads thread, both http and torrent. Full 118 torrent is also there.
Note: The update file is larger at 170mb than any previous one, I think. Be aware of the fact it might take longer. It’s also VERY possible you will crash the auto update server. That’s sort of what we want.
Your readme says 117, don’t worry, you have 118. This got done late, as you can probably tell, but at least you get to tinker with it all weekend.
Be be patient with the torrent. With it getting done late, there’s only one seeder at the moment, and that’s me at home. It will get faster, by the time Europe wakes up it should be smooth.
UPDATE 8 (Build 118) Changelog (October 19, 2012):
- Fixed a bug with inconsistent shadow detail between channels in multiview
- Added 3 levels of shadow filtering speed vs quality
- Enhanced autodetail framerate processing to better maintain minimum FPS
- Added auto detection of multiGPU setups to improve some processing and support more than 2 GPU
- Fixed a quadgrid culling bug
- Fixed bug with pendulum texture animations
- Bloom is now working properly with multiview
- Different texture detail levels between player and opponents now (almost) works
- FPS counter now shows yellow when frame rate is being regulated
- Attempt to fix ‘left-behind-shadows’ problem
- Separated auto detail processing from visible vehicles processing
- Limit auto-detail FPS option to the current refresh rate
- Selecting multiview now works; changed widescreen HUD to only stick if Apply button is pressed, just to be consistent with the rest of the settings on that page.
- Sync shadow groups between views in multiview
- Added code to visible vehicles calculation to maintain minimum framerate.
- Improved multiGPU awareness of HDR processing
- Corrected code to always use track GDB SettingsFolder override
- Setting session starting times default to 9am
- Changed default steering help from low to off because it confused a lot of people
- Re-enabled transparent trainer and added some options for it.
- Added code to allow RealRoad to be pre-conditioned in a number of ways
- Moved some real road computations into road shader
- Fixed typo that prevented the middle turbo dump sample from playing
- Improved turbo dump
- Added minor effect of turbo spool friction
- Fixed a small problem with auto reverse
Attempts to get the fuel-less AI to slowly pull off the road.
UI / HUD:
- Fixed bug on skin spinner where sometimes the skin listed wouldn’t match the skin displayed in showroom
- Fixed statbar car position map to correctly scale with screen/hud resolution.
- Now checking livery availability on vehicle change to make sure it’s valid….clearing out the playerfile value if it is not found.
- Eliminated more conditions where the player vehicle gets incorrectly set to Pace car.
- More UI stuff for RealRoad loading/saving
- Minor fix to info display on Video Res page
- Scaled text on mouseless spinners to correct value based on screen res and res of options.
- Added ability to add boost gauges to cockpit and HUD.
- Fixed crash in multiplayer
- Fixed some memory/resource leaks
- Fixed crash when changing tire compounds in pitstop
- Small optimization with regards to buffering data between simulation & multimedia threads
- Added dedi server RealRoad options
- Fix occasional flash of opponent vehicles in wrong spot during heavy multiplayer races
- Fixed a glitch that caused it to confirm you closing the dedicated server when clicking the window manager close button at the final window
- Enabled and expanded Fanatec support. We can now set the steering wheel angle to match the vehicle, as long as the wheel isn’t using a preset. Note that these wheels must be connected and turned on before rF2 is started in order for specific features to be supported.
- Removed double initialization of controllers. It’s still a mystery why force feedback is occasionally lost, and the lack of error codes returned by drivers doesn’t help much (this applies to all manufacturers … please return error codes if the force feedback isn’t working).
- "Reset FFB" control now also resets steering wheel range, which also gets changed occasionally for no apparent reason.
- Now automatically holding clutch and brakes on grid for people using a combined axis for throttle & brakes (this feature was already available for people using auto-shifting). This Feature activates *if* Auto Clutch is enabled as well as "Hold Clutch On Start" and "Hold Brake" in the controller.ini file.
- Completed custom plugin control (this invalidates old Version05 plugins)
- A little bit more robustness with respect to saving and restoring custom plugin control mappings
- Fixed issue where transparent trainer would flicker in replay; note that this changes the replay format
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
- Fixed bug with render target selection for all 3DS Max plugin versions
- Added a new default method for generating normal map tangent basis. original method (meshmender) is still available as an option.
- Added _v25 to the names of all plugin dlls
- First release of scene viewer, located in ModMgr directory
- Fixed some problem with component Install/Uninstall in mas2 packaging tool
- Updated modmaker doc to sync with latest tools
- Added CG visualizer to Ctrl-U dev tool
- Added support for RealRoad file reading in viewer
FULL INSTALLER (This is probably what you want first) : Main download: Build 118. (489 MB). Torrent: Build 118.
MANUAL UPDATE from Build 107 (Not required if you use the full installer)
Update download: 107-118. (170 MB). Torrent: 107-118.
Or check the rF2 Beta Download page.