rFactor 2 Build 494
After releasing an unstable build a few days ago, now Image Space Incorporated has released the stable Build 494 of their Rfactor 2 Simulator Beta. Next to a huge list of fixes and optimizations the main added features are the now automated Dynamic HDR parameters where previous builds only had manual profiles for every track .
Also, the shadow draw quality has been optimized. Allot of users report that the long dreaded car shadow pop-ups are now a problem from the past and that for most people frame rate has gone up around 15FPS. Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel owners, can now select a profile for their wheel in the controller settings section. Its safe to say that ISI have been struggling to keep up with the competition the last few months, but with every new build, the DX9 based title seems to close the gap.
You can also use the update button on the rF2 launcher to start updating to the latest build. As usual also the rFactor 2 Demo is updated to the Build 949 core, and can be downloaded at the rFactor website.
rFactor 2 Update 21 (Build 494) Changelog (February 26, 2014)
- Now defaulting to automated HDR parameters instead of manual profiles for every track when this build is first run. After that, you can change back to a specific profile if you want. The preferred profile for any track is now called “automation”.
- Fixed calculation and tweaked numbers to reduce cloud pop-in.
- There’s a few items missing from this changelog, shadow draw, etc.
- Optional new HDV [SUSPENSION] line ModelWheelsIncludeAllTireMass=1 improves accounting for tire mass and inertia. Obviously this must coincide with actually adding the tire ring mass and inertia to the wheels in the chassis.ini file. In addition to more accurately simulating the tire ring, this also facilitates the removal of SpinInertia and SpinInertiaAI from the HDV. A related change is the optional removal of TemporaryRingMassInertia from the TGM file – the tire now dynamically changes inertia depending on current shape (a new variable MassInertiaMultiplier can also be included if the physically calculated values are not satisfactory for some reason).
- For newly created replays, you can now play them even if the (virtual) mod is uninstalled, as long as the individual track and vehicle components are still installed.
- Created some options for the suspension deformation code that allows more generic connections like brake lines.
BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
- Fixed problem recovering from ctrl-alt-delete in Win 7/8.
- Fixed some missing translations in rFConfig.
- Fixed plugin callbacks PreReset() and PostReset().
- Fixed a crash from the RFM spinner in strange cases.
- Made the “goto preferred car selection” page action go to the non-preferred car selection page in case where the preferred car selection page doesn’t exist (instead of going nowhere)
- Fixed problem reading older RealRoad files.
- Fixed a potential pit menu crash if FuelSpecial lines are used in the HDV file.
- Fixed crash related to Mod Mode all tracks & cars selection & uninstalling other mods.
- Fixed a couple problems with Resume From Replay, including one potential crash.
- Since full-course yellows do not work without a safety car right now, disable them if there is no safety car available at a track.
- Fixed potential crash in transparent trainer code – probably only happened in multiplayer.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
- Fixed bug in ModMgr when displaying large (> 2GB) mod files.
- Added buttons to ModMgr to delete paths from the Working Dir and Packages selectors.
- Some shader macro prototypes have changed. Look in pShaderStubs.h for changes.
- Fixed rcd values write out from realtime editor.
- Now looking for driver RCD files in vehicle components as well as (hopefully soon to be phased out) talent components.
UI / HUD / Options:
- Fixed ‘enter’ key moving between min and max replay mode for other languages.
- When selecting a mod with it’s own UI, the standard rFactor UI will send you to a prompt screen to ask if you’d like to use the mod-specific UI.
- Added RCD editing gizmos: they work on “virtual vehicle” drivers in main release & any content in Mod Mode.
- Fixed issue with true type fonts sometimes (usually after UI switch) not loading.
- Official ISI server now show on top of mp lobby list (until user manually sorts).
- If mod specific multiplayer temp vehicle is not found, will attempt to load generic temp vehicle instead.
- Added gizmo to standard rFactor UI that let’s you quickly change cars in practice mode without having to leave and rejoin the server.
- Detecting & reloading livery changes in multiplayer quick vehicle change.
- Disabled new prediction algorithm by default, until issues are worked out.
CONTROLLERS / FFB
- Added profile for the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel.
- Added an optional minimum FFB torque to the controller.ini file. Disabled by default.
- AIs now attempt to restart engine when toggling AI on with a stalled engine.
- Fixed some cases where RCD files were not loading.
Silverstone Circuit v1.01 -> v1.14 Changelog
- – Increased surface mesh density at The Link and Maggots Corner for short layouts
- – Added and enhanced 3D modelled surface details based on accurate data
- – Added International layout
- – Replaced GP Layout with GT Layout (41 garage spots)
- – Added Concrete Blocks to prevent wandering beyond limits on short layouts
- – New default weather preset for GT and International Layouts
- – Added Medium Rubber RealRoad presets
- – Reworked Light Rubber RealRoad presets
- – Added International layout cameras
- – Fixed inaccurate Sector 1, Sector 2 and Pit In timing lines (Pit In is now at the FIRST line)
- – Fixed multiple small terrain gaps
- – Fixed incorrect material on old pit building roof
- – Fixed Collision for Bridges
- – Fixed Collision for PitWall Gates
- – Fixed Smoothing on Grandstand at Club Corner
- – Fixed Smoothing on wall at Club Corner
- – Fixed light glow being always enabled
- – Fixed (most) annoying popups
- – Fixed Daylight Saving Time zone
- – Tweaked terrain textures and materials for less aliasing and a tiny bit more depth
- – Tweaked wall materials for a tiny bit less aliasing
- – Tweaked Vegetation textures and materials
- – Tweaked RealRoad texture
- – Tweaked Glass materials
- – Tweaked Vehicle materials
- – Optimized 3D Tyre Walls for better and smoother performance
- – Optimized Armco for better and smoother performance
- – Optimized Armco details for better and smoother performance
- – Optimized Vehicles for better and smoother performance
- – Optimized Shadow Casters for better performance
- – Optimized LOD distances for better performance
- – Optimized Reflection Maps for better performance
- – Optimized Crowds for better performance
- – Optimized Terrain objects for smoother performance
- – Optimized Grandstands for better performance
- – Optimized Props for smoother performance
- – Optimized Omni Lights for International layout
- – Optimized Vegetation
- – Optimized Grass and Gravel Verges
- – Optimized Terrain textures
- – Optimized Vehicle textures
- – Optimized Building textures
- – Performance should be improved by an average of 15-30% over v1.01 depending on detail settings.
- – Smoothness should be improved by an average of 25-35% over v1.01 depending on detail settings; up to 45% in most previously heavy stutter areas.
- – Texture size reduction by 35% should also free up some VRAM by a fair amount, regardless of detail settings;
- – Existing 1.01 GP Layout has been replaced by what we now call GT Layout; which is the same layout with extra garage spots.
|Official Webpage – http://rfactor.net/|