rFactor 2 – Formula E Energize Pack Released
STUDIO 397 has released it’s eagerly anticipated Formula E Energize Pack for rFactor 2.
The pack contains the 2018 Formula E car, all the teams, and a stunning version of the 2018 season-opening 1.8 km Hong Kong Central Harbourfront E-Prix track.
The Studio 397 team developed the virtual electric racer in close partnership with Formula E itself. This resulted in a car model featuring immersive physics and graphics. Besides the amazing looking model the rFactor Formula E simulation also features REGEN and power modes, as well as a new cockpit and HUD elements mimicking the functionality of the real world car.
You can purchase the Formula E Energize Pack at the dedicated Steam Store Page for a modest €9.74. (619.2Mb Download) The Formula E car is also available as a stand-alone download for €4.99, while you can pick up the Hong Kong E-Prix track for €7.99.
Because Formula E is very different kind of motorsport in which you have to focus on strategy and optimising your power and battery life, the Studio 397 team published a handy rFactor 2 Formula E Guide to help us climatize to the new technology and the driving style that goes with it. Alongside the written guide, you can also have a look at the accompanying video posted below.
- Track accuracy may be different due to late changes in layouts
- AI currently does not adhere to the 1 pit stop rule and does not try to save fuel by lifting and coasting
- Regen mode is based off braking and is automatic on braking
- Fuel indicator currently does not show granular detail on battery life, therefore we suggest using 3rd party plugins in the meantime
- Cars have one set of physics based on homologated data
- Liveries and helmets will be updated when embargoes are lifted
- AI will sporadically slow just after Start/Finish under full course yellow – this should not affect the race restarts.
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com