Studio 397 has deployed the latest Release Candidate for rFactor 2 introducing fixes and improvements for the all-new online experience Open Beta program that features daily races, special events, and more.
Check out the Release notes below.
- The Race Flyout and Event pages will receive notifications again once your split is ready and when other users register/unregister for the event
- You shouldn’t have to leave and reenter the event page anymore to get your split information, the page will update once your splits server is up and running
- Special Event Pages will show you the event start time when it is more than 1 day away
- Your practice server information is loaded when you click on Join Practice instead of as soon as the page/flyout is loaded.
- If you waited before clicking Join Practice then the server might have been full by the time you clicked on join
- Backend bugs fixes so you will not be returned a full practice servers details or servers that have not fully booted yet
- Your email is now obscured, so if you are streaming your email will not be displayed
- The top bar will periodically check for updates to your profile and update itself
- Backend update incoming (hopefully today) to resolve the issue with updating your email address
- The SR and DR should show correctly on the post-race screens
- Split Number added to the Post Race screen
- Added paging, so you can see more than just the top 100 fastest times
Tier Unlocked Notification
- This should be displaying again once you get to Silver/Gold SR and you unlock new tiers in Daily Races
- Fixed a loading issues where some drivers did not have a DR/SR registered in the post-race results
Current Known Issues
- Having your Windows timezone set to manual instead of “auto” can result in the times for events being incorrect and not being able to join events.
- We are sometimes still hitting our AWS account limits this is resulting in fewer servers being provisioned than we need and causing the whole event to fail. We have a support ticket and are waiting.
- Joining, then leaving, and then rejoining again practice server again may give you mod problems – you will need to remove mods and try again
- Practice servers are becoming too full too quickly and may give a timeout error
- Please be patient and try again in a few minutes or practice offline
- Bottom split has the minimum drivers to make the race official (currently 5 rather than equal-size splits)
- The schedule page does have incorrect times for some users
- Some users are unable to submit reports – NOTE – THESE SHOULDN’T BE USED FOR RACING INCIDENTS – WE ARE REVIEWING THIS FLOW
- Leaderboard has a bug that does not consider the specific track layout or car when it has the same name as a previous event
- Password on hosted server is not working
- Not all temporary mod files being deleted on boot – you may need to remove these manually
- Qualifying results are in the order of race finish
- Profile/Email update is not saving – fix coming soon
- Some circuits, such as Nürburgring may have the server start a few minutes later than expected – you may need to wait up to 4 minutes after a server is due to be started
- Some servers under extreme load, for example, most often at the start of sessions, can experience cars disappearing and the race taking a long time to load in rare cases
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com – The rFactor 2 Racing Simulator is available via Steam for €29,99.