Studio 397 has deployed a new rFactor 2 Online Update and shared the Weekly Race Schedule including some exciting new Special Events.
It is clear that the rF2 development team is committed to creating an exceptional online experience in rFactor 2 with regular updates, based on community feedback. Check out the Release notes below.
Studio 397 Quote:
Special Event Racing:
We’re thrilled to announce a new addition! Starting this week, we will be hosting Special Events for BTCC and GT3 cars every Tuesday and Thursday respectively, with the more spontaneous events that you’ve already become accustomed to every Saturday.
Don’t forget – Special Events offer greater opportunities to gain both DR and SR!
This Week’s Special Races:
- Tuesday, 9:15 pm CEST: Weekly BTCC Open at Donington Park GP
- Thursday, 9:10 pm CEST: Weekly GT3 Open at Spa Francorchamps
- Saturday, 9:30 pm CEST: Back to School with the BMW M2 CS Cup at Sebring Club
Car Planning for Daily Events
We understand that some of you want to plan your content purchases with some greater visibility of what is coming next. Daily Races are designed for variation and to rotate through different content so as to experience the full breadth of content that rFactor 2 has to offer and keep the experience fresh.
You’re already aware that beginner races will always feature free content so paid tiers are planned to only include the following cars at this point:
- BMW Class 1 (FREE)
- Tatuus-MSV F3-020 (FREE)
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
- BTCC class (only one car required to race)
- LMP3 class (one of Ligier JS P320 or Norma M30)
- GT3 class (only one car required to race)
- Austin Mini Cooper MKI Group 2
- Vanwall Vandervell LMH
- INDYCAR Dallara IR-18
- LMP2 (one of Oreca 07 or Ligier JS P217)
- GTE class (only one car required to race)
- Formula Pro
- Formula E Gen 3
- Next Week’s Daily Races (17th – 23rd October):
Next Week’s Daily Races (17th – 23rd October):
Beginner Races – Every Hour
- Radical Rookies
- Car: Radical SR3-RSX
- Track: Botniaring Short
- BMW M2 Cup
- Car: BMW M2 Cup
- Track: Portland Full
- Open Wheel Sprint
- Car: Tatuus FT-50
- Track: Toban Short Reverse
Intermediate Races – Every Two Hours
- Prototype Challenge
- Car: LMP3 Norma or LMP3 Ligier
- Track: Bahrain International Circuit (GP)
- Touring Car Championship
- Car: BTCC 2021
- Track: Brands GP
Advanced Races – Every 3 Hours
- Road Course Rivals
- Car: Oreca LMP2 or Ligier P217
- Track: Daytona Road Course
NB: Races run from 11am CEST to 3am CEST
We’ve been hard at work fine-tuning and optimizing the online system since its release. And in response to community feedback, in this second update, we’ve addressed various issues ranging from username changes, email verification, and fixes to leaderboards along with enhancements enhancements as well as very important server mod name modifications that should fix errors when joining and leaving practice servers.
Our updates also include clarity and user-friendly changes for the protest submissions, improved notification interactions, and an overall enhanced first-time user registration process. Our commitment is to ensure a more seamless online racing experience, and these updates reflect just that.
- Usernames no longer support symbols.
- Changing usernames will preserve previous race results.
- Protest submissions have been improved:
- Mandatory text box for providing reasons.
- Mandatory timestamp.
- Clarity on what types of incidents can be protested.
- Updating email via the Profile page is now possible.
- Leaderboard improvements:
- Track layout consideration added.
- Gap calculation bug fixed.
- Added row to showcase your time (if set).
- New designs for rank badges are now displayed.
- Error/warning messages added for practice server join failures.
- Registration process updated for clearer instructions and validations.
- Community server list bug fixed.
- Notification panels have improved buttons and interactions.
- Post-race results for Bronze Ranks are more accurate.
- Unique server mod names for each server to address “unable to install mod” errors.
- Players selecting the Cupra BTCC will not face disconnections.
- Increased DR exchange in higher-level races
- Decreased SR gain potential in higher-level races (this does not affect potential loss)
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com – The rFactor 2 Racing Simulator is available via Steam for €29,99.