Motorsport Games and Studio 397 have deployed a new ‘Release Candidate’ update build for the rFactor 2 racing simulator. The release candidate build can be accessed via your rFactor 2 Steam account, under the release candidate branch option.
As usual, the update contains a mixture of fixes and improvements for various parts of the simulation. Check out the full changelog for more details.
Official Webpage – www.studio-397.com – The rFactor 2 Racing Simulator is available via Steam for €29,99.
- Driver labels are sometimes out of position on-screen or sorted incorrectly with certain transparent objects
- Corrected various camera control help tips
- Added auto calculation of spectator camera directions to the nearest waypoint to the first activation location.
- Scale certain factors of scoring down when we go less than a third of the car width off track.
- Fixed a rare possibility of cuts not being scored.
- Added extra data to logging & ModDev Debug mode
- Server keys are now machine independent and can be shared between any machines
- Fixed onboard boost changes not applying properly to the engine
- Photo Mode: Added viewed vehicle spinner
- Photo Mode: Improved user experience and shortcut key consistency when enabling replays/live.
- Photo Mode: Minor ui improvements, added reset button for settings and shortcut button on live view monitor
- Photo Mode: Fixed Vehicle Focus not working correctly on onboard cameras
- Photo Mode: Added fade to black animation when taking pictures
- Fixed an issue where car cameras would get the wrong far-clip planes
- Fixed incorrect users lists in content management
- Fixed old versions of content not installing
- Fixed local content sometimes uninstalling itself
- Fixed motion blur stuttering in certain cases
- Fixed driver labels rendering behind stuff it shouldn’t
- Fixed motion blur blurring too much when switching cameras