rFactor 2 Stock Cars V1.04 and DW12 V1.65 Updates Available
Image Space Incorporated has simultaneously released updates for their rFactor 2 Stock Cars and Dallara DW12 Indycar content.
Stock Cars V1.04
Besides adding the #32 Joey Gase A.I. car with rFactor 2-sponsored skin to the Stock Car update, the development team also implemented a number of small tweaks and improvements. You can download the 279MB Stock Car update at the official rF2 website, or use the download button below. A Steam Workshop update will be available soon.
Stock Car V1.04 Changelog:
- Added #32 Joey Gase (JoeyGaseRacing) A.I. car and skin.
- Tires tweaked, which now require more camber.
- Fix for tuning upgrades.
- Fixed typo in setup notes.
- Reduced AI sampling rate slightly (afforded by newer AI bump-stop overrides)
- Slightly tweaked default setup for most configs.
- Added several tracks to trackconfigs.ini
- Added several AI setups to help their competitiveness on newer circuits.
- Other AI adjustments for newer tracks.
Dallara DW12 Indycar V1.65
After receiving numerous updates, the ISI team now stated that this latest version of the openwheeler is bringing the Dallara DW12 much closer to its final iteration.
The V1.65 update features a number of fixes, including the weak Force Feedback feeling that the car originally suffered from. Furthermore, the dev team tweaked a number of physics and AI settings that should make the Dallara a more polished and enjoyable car to race. For more details, check out the full changelog below.
You can download the 166MB Dallara DW12 update at the official rF2 website, or use the download button below. A with the Stock Car content, a Steam Workshop update will be available soon.
Dallara DW12 Changelog:
- Fix for weak overall FFB feeling.
- 120″ wheelbase default now (with 119″ 2nd in list, in order of usefulness)
- Reduced real road rate slightly.
- Increased in wet cooling effects across all tyres.
- Small tyre fix which helps to improve optimum camber angles.
- Attempt to make AI less prone to cut corners (especially slower turns and very high-speed turns).
- Minor AI physics correlation improvements (less longitudinal grip).
- RollDamping (in the form of natural / self-damping) now embedded into ARB adjustments.
- Removed ‘wedge’ from pit menu HUD for Road Courses.
- Enable pit-adjustable rear wing for speedway configurations. (The last car bug reported by Max)
- Added toe-offsets.
- Minor turbo sound tweaks.
- Added GrooveSqrdEffect with the primary purpose of reducing speedway grip a fraction.
- A tiny bit less sensitive to dirty air (more so on the speedway configuration side).
- Leading draft significantly cut too (reducing for balance shift which cause weird feeling spinouts if someone managed to get VERY close behind) to a more realistic level.
- Slightly reduced cooling on minimum radiator.
- White edges on digits fixed
- Changed “Chevy” back to “Chevrolet”.
- Add 1 onboard camera.
- Steering wheel hand rotation now matches wheel a little better.
- Some other graphical fixes.