HistorX Team have released v1.96. of the massively popular Historic GT & Touring cars mod for rFactor. The update is bringing you completely overhauled physics, new liveries, new sounds and a lot of new cars, that where not included in the original GTL release.
A full list of changes would be too long, so have a look at a short summary:
- Over 100 new liveries.
- Installer is now able to detect Steam’s GTL version.
- Dodge challenger Nº 76 , team name changed to “Ray Caldwell’s Autodynamics #76” same with full team name line.
- both gears.ini files of the T/A minis fixed.
- corrected number of mipmaps on several textures : – Porsche 911 RSR nº45 windows – Porsche 911 RSR nº70 windows – Abarth T/A nº 16 windows
- updated all corvette C3 .mas files , fixed number of mipmaps on several textures.
- updated Porshe 911S .mas file , fixed number of mipmaps on several textures.
- updated Cobra 427 (non GTL cars ) .mas files , fixed number of mipmaps on several textures.
- Alfa GTAm fixed cockpit textures.
- fixed Maserati typo 60 & 61 veh files, now they are using correct gauges.
- updated Austin Healey Hdv & gears.ini file.
- updated Pantera factory hdv file
- updated Porsche 911S 2.4 engine file
- Updated drivers’ and other textures.
- physics of All Over 2 liter class cars have been reviewed
- 66 Mustang
- 67 Mustang
- 67 Camaro
- 67 Penske Camaro
- 68 Mustang
- 68 Camaro
- 68 Penske Camaro
- 69 Mustang T/A
- 69 Mustang FIA
- 70 Dodge Challenger
- 70 Plymouth ‘Cuda
- 70 Pontiac Firebird T/A
- 70 Camaro Chaparral
- 71 AMC Javelin
The team has also written a detailed and comprehensive Manual. It contains very important and detailed information about the installation requirements/process, as well as details about how to configure the mod to get the best of out of it. Get it here
For the time being the mod is only downloadable as a torrent file.
- Scratch made physics.
- Advanced engine features (engine life limit, etc.)
- New sounds, created from real recordings of each car.
- Customized artificial intelligence (AI).
- Exclusive graphic solution to improve night races.
- Realistic Force Feedback (supports RealFeel Plugin).
- Customized user interface.
- Championship mode with a lot of different season
In order to install the mod you must have:
- GT Legends (DVD/CD version or the digital version purchased at www.SteamPowered.com or www.Raceroom.net)
- rFactor properly installed and activated
- No previous version of Historic GT & Touring cars mod installed
HistorX mod team is a group of dedicated and passionate people from all around the world, focused on the development of a free classic cars simulator, using as base rFactor, a racing simulator developed by ISI (Image Space Incorporated).
Their first release was Historic GT & Touring cars for rFactor, a free modification (mod) for rFactor (racing simulator). Part of it used as base Simbin’s GTL models, but the rest was developed from scratch, trying to get a accurate & realistic historic racing simulation.
HistorX Mod Team (Alphabetical order)
Gonzas: Integration, Testing, Comedian
Graag: Skins manager
Grasshopper: Models, Testing
Hugh Jarse: Showroom, Testing, Skins
Munty: Skins guru
Papagis: Models, Textures
NotLaw: Models, Testing
Rantam: User Interface, Testing, Installer, Manual, P.R., Models, Textures.
Wolferl: Car sounds, Testing
Yoshimura: Physics, Testing
Techade: Realfeel Force Feedback
Richard Jackett: Grindding tranny
Niels At Home: Physics consultant
BradK: Models, skins, cockpits
Falkrum: Mercedes SLR models & textures
JorgeAraujo: Models, forum videos
Juju: Models, textures (We really hope you’re doing fine!)
Eric Bugs: Skins
|Official Webpage – http://www.historx.net