RSeat RS1 Sim Racing Chassis Review By The Simpit
Shaun Cole of The Simpit reviews the RSeat RS1 Sim Racing Chassis. The RS1 is base model in the RSeat sim rig series. In this review, Shaun takes a detailed look at all of the features of the sim rig and lists the available optional upgrades.
The entire base frame of the RS1 is made up out of epoxy powder coated bent tubing, making the entire loaded structure very rigid. rSeat experimented with the tubing metals, and diameters to ensure the chassis would be as stiff as could be without compromising the weight and looks of the design. This worked out so well, that even the arm carrying the wheelbase unit does not move as with most comparable units.
The new RS1 rig weights in about 10kg more than its predecessor due to this redesign with rigidity in mind. The RS1 offers better ergonomics associated with a unique look and elegant flowing lines.
It is also designed to be accommodated with a maximum amount of in-house and aftermarket peripherals as Shifters, Joysticks, Keyboards, Mouses, Touch Pads, Button Boxes, Buttkickers, and Dynamic Motion Systems. Shifters can be mounted either left or right.
The RS1 is equipped with a new 4 mm thick support bracket that is fully adjustable by 4 levels in angle and depth so that there will be no frame distortion under heavy braking.
It is a real bucket seat made out of fiberglass and is covered with high-density foam and synthetic leather to make it into an extremely comfortable seat. The Racing seat is sitting on 4 mm thick rails with two different mounting heights and can tilt so the seat is adjustable mm by mm.
The optional Buttkicker support brackets are designed to deliver a good flow of vibration transmission trough the whole frame. It can accommodate seven different models of the Buttkicker and up to 3 at the same time. The rig is compatible with the D-BOX motion System (2 DOF, 3 DOF, and 4 DOF).The various mounting brackets on the rig are 5mm thick and supply support for most brands of peripherals on the market. Apart from this, the unit accommodates various peripherals as keyboard trays mouse platforms, button boxes, and other accessories.
The chassis is designed to be suitable for most dynamic systems and is compatible with the rSeat Shifter and rSeat HandBrake. The chassis comes with adjustable steering wheel mount that can tilt and vary depth as well as fully adjustable pedals that also can be tilt and adjusted. The rig is adjustable for people measuring as little as 1.50m and up to 2.10m in length.
- Support PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX One (check what’s supported tab below)
- Applicable for users from 127cm (4’2″) up to 200cm+ (6’67″+)
- Seat carry weight up to 140kg (308 lbs)
- Seating position Rally/GT
- Modular Frame (You can upgrade with features)
- Seat Sliders Included
- Gear Shifter Mount Included (can be attached on both left or right side)
- Footprint dimensions: L x W x H 1300-1480 mm. x 688 mm. x 1100 mm. (51.2” – 58.27”) x 27.1” x 43.3”
- All tools and screws to attach your wheel, shifter and pedals are provided.
- We provide 24×7 on-site support through ticket or live-chat.
- Distributor network allows you to get full support in your area.
- 3-year Warranty on all Rseat Manufactured components including chassis and seat
- Packaging Size L x W x H 119 x 65 x65cm (47″ x 25.6″ x 25.6″ )
- Made in EU
RSeat RS1 Base model – 599.00€ (Incl Tax: 718.80€)
- RS1 Buttkicker Upgrade kit +79.00€ RS1 Buttkicker Upgrade kit (+79.00€)
- RS1 Keyboard/Mouse tray kit +108.00€ RS1 Keyboard/Mouse tray kit (+108.00€)
- RS1 Tablet/Buttonbox Kit +89.00€ RS1 Tablet/Buttonbox Kit (+89.00€)
- RS1 Speakers Mount Kit +79.00€ RS1 Speakers Mount Kit (+79.00€)
- RS1 Shifter Upgrade Kit +99.00€ RS1 Shifter Upgrade Kit (+99.00€)
Official Webpages – www.rseat.net – www.thesimpit.com