Sim Racing Garage – Fanatec Club Sport 1.5 Shifter Review
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage conducts an in-depth review of the Fanatec Club Sport 1.5 Shifter. As usual, Barry carefully evaluates the build quality, features, mounting options, and performs a hands-on test before sharing his final thoughts on the product.
The Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ is produced for use with all Fanatec branded steering wheels and has to be connected directly to the Fanatec wheel. That said, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ can also be used with other Sim Racing wheels such as the Logitech and Thrustmaster units by use of an optional ClubSport USB Adapter.
- Full metal construction
- Ultra realistic shifting experience
- 7 gear H-Pattern mode
- Reverse gear with an inhibitor to prevent accidental shifts and makes handling it, more realistic
- Very realistic sequential mode with strong haptic feedback
- Easy to switch between sequential and H-Pattern mode
- Shifter knob made of solid polished aluminum
- Exchangeable gear knob, compatible with popular automotive standards
- Adjustable shift feeling and resistance
- Multiple mounting options on all 4 sides and bottom
Important: To operate the ClubSport Shifter SQ you must connect it with either one of the following products:
- Compatible to all Fanatec Wheel Bases / Racing Wheels
- ClubSport USB Adapter (optional!): with the adapter, you can use it on PC with any racing wheel of any brand (e.g. Logitech G29 / G920, Thrustmaster TX), in many games. For more details, see the product page of the ClubSport USB Adapter
- PC: The ClubSport Shifter SQ will work in most games if connected to a Fanatec product with shifter port. Please check the compatibility details on the product page of the connected product.
- Consoles: The ClubSport Shifter SQ can be used on gaming consoles in games that support shifters if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel. Please check the information on the product page of the Fanatec product through which it will be connected to the console. It will not work on consoles using the ClubSport USB Adapter.
- IMPORTANT: This product cannot be operated as a stand-alone product.
- 7th gear only detected if the shifter is connected to a ClubSport / CSL Elite Wheel Base or with the ClubSport USB Adapter
- Size (L x W x H) : 38.00cm x 23.00cm x 18.00cm
- Weight: 3.28kg
- Volume weight: 3.15kg
- ClubSport Shifter SQ
- Sequential knob
- 2 x connector cables
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com