Sim Racing Garage – SSRG Competition 300 Custom Wheel Review
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the SSRG Custom Sim Racing Wheel Rim. In this 43 minute review, Barry introduces the product and evaluates the build quality and functionality. After disassembling the unit for a detailed inspection, Barry fits the wheel on his SimXperience Motion rig for some hands-on testing using iRacing. (Corvette DP at Sebring)
SSRG, which is short for Solid Sim Racing Gear, is a Dutch company founded in July 2016 in Hoogezand the Netherlands. SSRG owner Johan Draijer specializes in the production of high-end sim racing hardware. One of the high-end SSRG products is the Competition 300 Wheel.
The SSRG Competition 300 is a beautifully engineered custom 300 mm diameter Sportline racing wheel fitted with a black hard anodized button case with a carbon fiber front plate. The button box features a set of Knitter switches, Rotary encoders, and Toggle switches. Furthermore, the Competition 300 is fitted with a Magnetic Paddle Shifter set. The wheel’s electronic functions are provided by use of a Leo Bodnar BBI32 USB controller.
The wheel rim and some of its parts are available in a variety of custom colors. On the web shop, you can select the color of the wheel Suede, Button Guards, and the Encoder Knobs. Optionally, SSRg also retails a Q1R base and wheel side Quick Release for the wheel.
You can order the SSRG wheel here. For options and availability, you can email SSRG.
SSRG Competition 300 Features:
- Wheel size Ø300 mm
- 6061 T6 black hard anodized case
- Sportline Competition 300 Wheel
- 8x MPS103F Knitter switches
- 5x CTS 288 Rotary encoders
- 2x MTA106G Knitter Toggle switches
- Leo Bodnar BBI32 USB controller
- Coiled USB cable
- 2x SSRG Magnetic Paddle Shifters
- Carbon fiber faceplate
- SSRG Competition 300 – €875.00 incl. VAT
- Q1R base and wheel side Quick Release – €169.40 incl. VAT
- Custom Sportline Competition 300 wheel – €34.00 incl. VAT
- Printed Text – €25.00 incl. VAT
Official Webpage – www.ssrg.eu