SimWorX Pro Series GT V3 LC Pedal Set Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland from the Sim Racing Garage presents his detailed review of the SimWorx Pro Series GT V3 LC Pedal Set USB for the racing professional and sim racing enthusiast.
The Pro Series range of controls are products that were designed and developed by the Australian SimworX company with the ultimate aim of supplying the most realistic motorsport-inspired controls for the ultimate virtual racing experience.
The SimworX Pro GT V3 Pedals were designed with the help and feedback of professional race drivers such as Scott McLaughlin and Fabian Coulthard from DJR Penske. The pedals are suitable for high-end professional motorsport use. They feature a durable pedal design using 12bit USB electronics for an instant and accurate response. The maximum brake force is 140kgs+ via a load cell activated cylinder connected to a CNC machined rocker arm with a set of adjustable dampers to fine-tune the end pedal feel.
The fully adjustable pedal geometry and pedal force with adjustable hydraulic damping on the brake cylinder guarantee correct pedal feel. The Laser Cut and CNC machined components ensure tolerances have been optimized in order to eliminate unnecessary play. A 12-bit resolution USB interface ensures accurate pedal control whilst the unique Hydraulically loaded Load Cell activation system enables the braking system to be fully tuned in to your racing style.
This Professional level pedal set can be used in the most demanding environments and is capable of simulating the pedal forces as experienced in V8 Supercars, GT3 and LMP-cars.
- Pro Series GT V3 L – AU$1,340.00 (€815.00 – USD 901.73) + Shipping
- V8 Supercar and FIA GT style pedal Set.
- Hydraulically Loaded Brake
- Load Cell Brake
- Adjustable Brake Preload
- Over Centre Loaded Clutch
- Adjustable Stroke Accelerator Pedal
- Adjustable Clutch Pedal Pad
- Fully adjustable Brake Pedal Pad
- 140kg maximum Brake pressure
- Heel Rise Plate
- Hi-Resolution Electronics
- Tough Powdercoat Finish
- USB Plug & Play
- 1 x Simworx Pro GT Pedal Set
- 1 x Simworx Pro GT Heel Plate
- 1 x 3m USB Cable
- 1 x Stainless Steel Bolt Pack
- 1 x User Manual
- 12 Bit resolution LC electronic interface
Pedals – Chrome-Moly Aircraft Steel
- Satin Powdercoat Finish
- Billet Aluminium Pedal Pads
- Pedal Pad Mounts adjustable for height, length, and angle
- Stainless Steel Bolts and Nuts
- Aluminum Spacers
Mounting Base – 3mm Laser Cut Steel
- Alloy Pedal Pivot Mounts
- Precision ground Pivot Bolts
- Brake System – Load Cell
- Hydraulic Alloy lined Cylinder
- 200kg rated Load cell
- Adjustable Rocker Arm Assembly
- Polyurethane Durometer Rocker Arm Dampers
- 140Kgs+ Brake Loading
- Adjustable Damper Setting thumbwheel
- CNC machined alloy Load Cell Housing
- High tension plated spring with CNC aluminum adjustable collar
- 10mm Rod Ends
- Linear Magnetic Transducer
- Stainless Steel Sleeved cylinder
- Variable spring loading return
- Adjustable CNC Machined Pedal Stop
- 10mm Rod Ends
- Over Centre Clutch Mechanism
Features – Accelerator
- Smooth, accurate and adjustable, the throttle pedal gives you excellent control whilst able to adjust the stroke.
Features – Brake
- The three-stage brake system consists of an initial coil spring that adjusts pre-load, it simulates the pad to disc gap. The pedal firmness is taken up by a hydraulic cylinder activating a 200kg Load Cell, which ultimately loads up a rocker arm where the final stiffness and travel is controlled by various density durometer dampers, whose final travel density is controlled by an adjustable thumbwheel. Ultimately over 140kgs of force can be applied consistently, more than enough to lock your brakes. Important when using muscle memory to improve your braking consistency.
Features – Clutch
- Clutch pedals often get lighter towards the end of their travel due to the action of the pressure plate release. The Simworx Clutch The pedal features an over-center release mechanism that mimics a competition clutch mechanism. The pedal pad is adjustable for length, height, and angle, giving you infinite position options.
Official Webpage: www.simworx.com.au