We all came to know Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage as the master reviewer of high-end sim racing gear such as motion systems, direct drive wheels, hydraulic pedals, and the like. However, every so often, Barry takes a look at some products living at the bottom of the sim racing market.
In his latest video, Barry reviews the entree-level Thrustmaster T128 Wheel & Pedal bundles for the PC/Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and the PC/PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Just as with the high-end gear, Barry takes the product through the famed SRG review procedure, checking out the wheel and pedal set internals, and performing a hands-on / feet-on test.
- Intro: 0:00
- Closer Look: 0:48
- Look Inside T128: 12:54
- Look Inside T2PM: 34:25
- Mounting Options: 39:48
- Tuning App: 44:51
- Driving iRacing: 48:23
- Driving AC Comp: 58:24
- Final Thoughts: 1:07:03
The T128 features a HYBRID DRIVE system, which combines a belt and gears mechanism to provide immersive and versatile Force Feedback, and delivers 20% more power (in relation to previous Thrustmaster T150 hybrid racing wheels).
Its lightweight wheel rim helps you really feel the sensations transmitted by the Force Feedback system, for an authentic racing experience and to optimize your racing lines. A 4-color LED strip lets you keep an eye on the engine speed, and indicates when it is time to shift gears. Thanks to the clamp-based attachment system, the racing wheel can be adjusted to fit desks and tables for quick and easy setup. The T2PM pedal set included with the racing wheel features patented frictionless magnetic technology, for enhanced precision that won’t decrease over time.
- Immersive Force Feedback to really feel the sensations of racing: speed, surfaces, bumps and impacts, loss of tire grip
- Engine speed LEDs for optimized gear shifting
- Magnetic paddle shifters (patented H.E.A.R.T technology) for instant responsiveness, and a clear gear-shifting feel
- Modern design including 13 buttons, suited to all styles of vehicles and games
- Quick attachment system suitable for desks and tables up to 2.2 inches / 5.5 cm thick
- Magnetic 2-pedal pedal set (patented H.E.A.R.T technology) featuring 12-bit precision that won’t decrease over time
- Next-generation HYBRID DRIVE technology delivers 20% more power than other Thrustmaster hybrid racing wheels (T150 series)
- Officially licensed for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, and compatible with PC (Windows 10/11)
Official Webpage – www.thrustmaster.com